6ft tall ladies! !!

Options
I'm also 6 ft tall and I was just looking for other 6 footers like me! Any of you out there can you post what you looked like when you started and where you are now! I just like seeing progress and success of Amazon women like me lol gives me hope and maybe an idea of what's to come or where to end up :)

Replies

• latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'11"

35 lbs down and about 35 left to go. I'll have to pull some of my heavier pics.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Bump, would love to see some of the results here!
    I have only lost 7kgs, so still a long way to go before I post pics :)
  • StacySwi
    Options
    I am a 6 footer too. I am currently struggling with motivation. I am so close to my goal and dropping the weight becomes harder and harder. I also think that being so tall, it is hard to see where it is coming off because there is so much of me! That and everyone says, oh you don't need to lose weight you are so tall you can't tell....well they don't see me naked :)
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a 6 footer too. I am currently struggling with motivation. I am so close to my goal and dropping the weight becomes harder and harder. I also think that being so tall, it is hard to see where it is coming off because there is so much of me! That and everyone says, oh you don't need to lose weight you are so tall you can't tell....well they don't see me naked :)

That is exactly where I'm at!! I think I only wanna lose about 20 more lbs but it's happening so slowly now :(
    Everyone is telling me I can stop losing now but I know where I need to be and I'm still jiggly so I'm not done yet lol can u add you? Maybe we can fight thru this mess together lol
  • StacySwi
    Options

That is exactly where I'm at!! I think I only wanna lose about 20 more lbs but it's happening so slowly now :(
    Everyone is telling me I can stop losing now but I know where I need to be and I'm still jiggly so I'm not done yet lol can u add you? Maybe we can fight thru this mess together lol

I know what you mean. I am just abou there for the weight I want to lose but am not as toned as I would like and it is definitely hard when people keep telling you that you should stop. In some ways it is good to know you have pople in your life looking out for you (in case we get out of control obsessed) but it is also hard cause we also have our own goals in mind. Keep it up and I know that we can get there!
  • CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's me! 6' tall, down 61 lbs and another 90 to go....Progress pic is profile pic :)
  • MsJLauria
    Options
    I'm 5ft11 gone from 175 to 135 by eating clean and choosing low GI alternatives. Nice to see other tall girls! We'd all be able to wear heels on a night out and not feel bad!
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'11" and still have about 20 left to go as well. You might want to check this group out
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 6'1" here started at 306, down 7 lbs to 298 in 1 month. I stay to a 1700 calorie diet, low carb ( <160g) and high protein (>200g) . I always nejoy seeing the progress of taller women as well. Good luck to all of you. Don't give up on yourselves!
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and have currently lost 32 lbs. I am a work in progress and have not updated my picture yet. I am also disabled and can do limited exercise so I do small amounts and add it up throughout the day. Due to my limitations I have had to make a lifestyle change eating whole healthy foods while staying within my calories goals as outline by MFP. You look wonderful and have done a great job with your weight loss. I am sending you a friend request and welcome any others to join my page.
  • jus_Taryn
    jus_Taryn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot. I was wondering what you guys' goal weight is? I made my 190 because that was around the weight I was in high school but I dont know what it'll be once I put on muscle weight and have the body of an adult woman.
  • MsJLauria
    Options
    My goal is 125 but I'm not sure how achievable it will be once I start building more muscle, or whether I'll like the way I look at that weight as I've never gone that low before! More interested in toning up and eating healthily atm!

Everyone has different body shapes and will look good at different weights plus we all have an ideal of how we want to look in our heads so it's probably best not to compare yourself too much to others, just my thoughts xx
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot. I was wondering what you guys' goal weight is? I made my 190 because that was around the weight I was in high school but I dont know what it'll be once I put on muscle weight and have the body of an adult woman.

Originally my goal weight was between 150-175. I know of at least 2 people who are tall and look damn good at 150. however, every "body"is different. 150 on one person might look good but on another it could look unhealthy. I am shooting for 180 and then going to go from there. but generally the 170-185 range is in my sights!
  • astrophysically_fit
    Options
    I'm glad to see other tall ladies out there! I love to lift at the gym and avoid the treadmill at all costs. Feel free to add me and we can struggle through this together!
  • StacySwi
    Options

Originally my goal weight was between 150-175. I know of at least 2 people who are tall and look damn good at 150. however, every "body"is different. 150 on one person might look good but on another it could look unhealthy. I am shooting for 180 and then going to go from there. but generally the 170-185 range is in my sights!

Agreed! Everyone is different, the BMI which is just a rough guess says that a healthy weight for me 28 yrs and 6'0 is 148-184 so for me I am happy with my body and in an 8-10 jeans at 165-170, with that being said, I do have a pretty athletic build from years and years of sports.
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 170-180. I don't want to be skinny. I love my curves I just don't like to jiggle as much as I do lol. I think if I get to a fit 180 I'll be super happy! :)
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! 6ft here. I've recently hit my goal weight of 170 and would like to lose another percent or two of body fat. I spent the summer in Alaska and have lost most of my active friends so I'm looking for more friends to share the journey with.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    oh my im 5'11 and mine is 175.................i was in my best shape at that weight. for the girl whose 5'11 wanting to get to 135............WOW is all i can say.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options

I know what you mean. I am just abou there for the weight I want to lose but am not as toned as I would like and it is definitely hard when people keep telling you that you should stop. In some ways it is good to know you have pople in your life looking out for you (in case we get out of control obsessed) but it is also hard cause we also have our own goals in mind. Keep it up and I know that we can get there!

I am so glad I found this post! I'm *only* 5'10" and am pretty solid but am still solidly overweight. I was just telling my husband and sister when I tell people I want to lose 40 pounds I'm so sick of them looking at me like I'm nuts because they "can't tell."

I'm down 100 lbs total but am currently aroun 190 and need to be at 150ish. I do have before and progress pic on my profile - they are horrible so please don't throw up when you look :)
  • aimiekundert
    Options
    6 foot tall exactly, and am trying to get back down to 160-150 - tired of pants being too small, AND too short lol! As for the heels, I rock them almost every day - I don't beleive in "You must be this short to enter this ride", even though my 5'11" husband complains ;) No profile pic yet, but will have one posted soon. Glad to see other ladies struggling the same as me! Keep it up, girls!