postpartum looking for other postpartum friends!

Hello I'll be 6 weeks postpartum on Friday so I'm clear to start working out. I'm obsessed with Jillian Michael's videos so I know that's what I eventually want to start doing again. I just can't seem to find the time or energy to do anything My baby keeps me up all night so whenever he's asleep I try to rest myself. I also have a 4 year old that just started pre-k and he keeps me busy as well. I'm just looking for other mommies that share somewhat what I'm going through.

Replies

• alexh992002
    alexh992002 Posts: 2 Member
    You can add me I'll also be 6 weeks postpartum this sat & cleared by my physician. I agree with you with breastfeeding newborn, keeping eye on my 12 & 14 year old its difficult to find time to exercise. Needing some support!
  • I'm 9 weeks postpartum and I'm finally motivated to lose this extra 20lbs. I want to track my progress with MFP, but I don't know how to account for the extra calories I'll need for breastfeeding. Any ideas?
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    arpreedy, you add breastfeeding as a 'food' -- it's already in the database and will give you a negative calorie entry that adds to your total calorie allowance for the day. There are options for younger babies that give you 500 extra calories, and for older babies that give you 300 (what I'm using now for my 10 month old) or 200 extra. I start my food diary every day by adding breastfeeding as a snack. Good luck!
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Ya I started logging my breast feeding today under snack as well. I'm so motivated to start loosing this wt just don't know when to fit it in my day.