headaches???

125again
125again Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I just started MFP and have been diligently watching my calories and exercising like I should. Since I started however, I've been getting headaches everyday towards the end of the day. The headaches are not horrible, they are not migraines or anything, just annoying. I generally feel good throughout the day. Is this normal? I used to eat a lot of bakery type sweets, could it be a sugar thing? Should I drink more water? I know I'm not drinking enough.

thanks

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    [

It probably is your body craving the sugar.. think of it like an addiction. It's almost like your body is going through withdrawels.. How long since you started? And how long have they been happening? I'd say give it a week and you'll be fine.
  • 125again
    125again Posts: 28
    It's only been five days. You're probably right. Maybe this is the start of my body changing.

thanks
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Years ago when I stopped drinking regular soda I got withdrawals. (headaches) It went away after about 3 weeks about the time you lose the craving. Try drinking a little more water also. Sometimes dehydration will cause headaches. Keep up the good work.
  • Have you been drinking a lot of sugar free flavored waters? If you look at the very bottom of the ingredients list, it would say contains 'phenokylentics" (have no idea how to spell it, lol, but you would see something that sounds like that in bold print) I was getting awful headaches years ago, and narrowed it down to any of the sugar free or flavored waters that contained that! Stopped drinking anything with that and voila, no headaches! I haven't had them since, but lately, my son has been drinking a lot of those drinks, and he started getting headaches too...so some people probably have a sensitivity to that chemical like me. I notice it was ok if I had it in moderation, but when drinking it alot, the headaches started....just something you might want to take note of. Good luck!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    I'd been getting headaches every single day for months. I thought it was because I was on the computer so much. Starting on just this past Monday, I started drinking a lot of water. My headaches have now gone! I'd been dehydrated. I'm terrible for not drinking anything throughout the day! For the past three days, I have been trying to drink 64 oz water minimum. Peeing a lot, yes, but no headaches AND I've lost four pounds!
  • Have you been drinking a lot of sugar free flavored waters? If you look at the very bottom of the ingredients list, it would say contains 'phenokylentics" (have no idea how to spell it, lol, but you would see something that sounds like that in bold print) I was getting awful headaches years ago, and narrowed it down to any of the sugar free or flavored waters that contained that! Stopped drinking anything with that and voila, no headaches! I haven't had them since, but lately, my son has been drinking a lot of those drinks, and he started getting headaches too...so some people probably have a sensitivity to that chemical like me. I notice it was ok if I had it in moderation, but when drinking it alot, the headaches started....just something you might want to take note of. Good luck!

Aha! I have been getting headaches everyday for the past week or so and just recently experiencing some dizziness with the headaches. I went today to get my blood pressure checked to see if that was out of whack, but after reading your post realized that I have been drinking A LOT of sugar free koolaid lately. I will cut that out and see if my headaches go away. Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with me.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Have you been drinking a lot of sugar free flavored waters? If you look at the very bottom of the ingredients list, it would say contains 'phenokylentics" (have no idea how to spell it, lol, but you would see something that sounds like that in bold print) I was getting awful headaches years ago, and narrowed it down to any of the sugar free or flavored waters that contained that! Stopped drinking anything with that and voila, no headaches! I haven't had them since, but lately, my son has been drinking a lot of those drinks, and he started getting headaches too...so some people probably have a sensitivity to that chemical like me. I notice it was ok if I had it in moderation, but when drinking it alot, the headaches started....just something you might want to take note of. Good luck!

Aha! I have been getting headaches everyday for the past week or so and just recently experiencing some dizziness with the headaches. I went today to get my blood pressure checked to see if that was out of whack, but after reading your post realized that I have been drinking A LOT of sugar free koolaid lately. I will cut that out and see if my headaches go away. Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with me.

Well now that's interesting. Just took my 2 pks of Crystal Light out my pocket (never go anywhere without them...lol) and they do have that Phenyl stuff(not that I doubted you). It will be hard for me to switch to straight water, but I might just have to try
This discussion has been closed.