Mid morning snack

Options
So I'm not sure how much of this is psychological vs actually bein hungry, but during the week no matter what time I eat breakfast I'm always hungry around 1030. I usually have a yogurt with chia seeds to hold me over until lunch, but what are some other mid morning snacks you guys keep handy?

Replies

• blossjs
    Options
    I get the same way. What I do is get a pack of sugarless gum that I like and chew on it. It's the action of chewing that sedates my mind a bit and allows me to get back to work. I can typically buy myself some more time until lunch. Having some gum around 10am typically holds me off until 11:30 or 12:30 at which time I'll eat lunch.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I usually have almonds and raisins or a piece of fruit. My body gives me the hungry signal every 3 hours, so I try to keep something around to keep from visiting the vending machine of doom lol
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Munching on a Quest Cinnamon Bun Protein bar as I write this! Yum! Minimal crap in these, 20g protein, 17g Fiber. Will totally tide me over until lunch.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese or greek yogurt and a piece of fruit.

Or grapes and cheese

been thinkng about boiled eggs lately...

hehe as my stomach growls....time to cut the apple.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    According the my nutritionist, the body basically is looking to be fed about every 3 hours, so you are completely normal! I always keep healthy snacks at work, yogurts, almonds, cottage cheese cups, cheese sticks, fruit, etc...
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    How much protein do you have for breakfast? I usually have cereal and a yogurt for breakfast and also get hungry around 10-10:30. Whenever I eat eggs though I'm barely hungry even by lunch. It might be an idea.

To stay on topic though, when I need a snack I usually have a piece of fruit (orange or apple most often) or maybe some cheese.
  • cactusyogi
    Options
    hmmmmm I don't snack a lot (i'm a housewife so I just don't get hungry that much at home all the time) but when I do snack, I usually have toast, nuts, fruit, veggies, sometimes I'll have a small sweet treat, peanut butter, a frozen waffle with cinnamon sugar, crackers, etc. Anything small and healthy ^-^ Well, except for the occasional sweet treat!
  • _DoingMe_
    Options
    Handful of almonds
    Individually wrapped piece of cheddar and a couple of whole wheat crackers
    Rice cake and peanut butter
    Piece of fruit

I usually have yogurt for breakfast, but if I haven't, then yogurt and granola
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cereal bar (I found one I like for 148 cals which I can fit in easily enough), but sometimes I have an apple instead.
  • javajinny
    Options
    I have to have a mid morning snack. I have a snack bag of baby carrots (3 oz). or a banana/apple/clementine/4oz of grapes/any easy fruit, or a low sugar granola bar. I have a mid afternoon snack, too. The five hours between meals is just too many, so I have a 100 cal or less snack in between to help with hunger.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I refill my water cup and make sure to drink at least half (8oz.). Usually I am not really hungry but actually thirsty.
  • shannonahenderson
    Options
    My mid-morning snack craving hits me around 10:30am too... 3tbs of almonds and Sargento fat free string cheese is my favorite!
  • shannonahenderson
    Options
    I refill my water cup and make sure to drink at least half (8oz.). Usually I am not really hungry but actually thirsty.

I'm going to try that...drink water to see if that curbs my craving! Thanks
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options

I'm going to try that...drink water to see if that curbs my craving! Thanks

It does work!
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Usually my breakfast of eggs and toast holds me over for a while. I'm more prone to snacking in the evening.

Common snacks I eat:
    Frozen gogurt tubes
    mozzarella cheese cut into 1oz pieces
    a spoonful of peanut butter
    a spoonful of greek yogurt cream cheese
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I actually eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. My net goal is 1200 so I try for 200-300 cal. per meal plus my eight 8 oz. glasses of water. occasionally I will have smaller meals at "snack" times and eat a larger dinner. But I try not to eat too many calories within 3 hours of bed time. I also eat back my exercise cals. so I can usually get in a pretty good sized (but healthy choices) dinner.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    How much protein do you have for breakfast? I usually have cereal and a yogurt for breakfast and also get hungry around 10-10:30. Whenever I eat eggs though I'm barely hungry even by lunch. It might be an idea.

To stay on topic though, when I need a snack I usually have a piece of fruit (orange or apple most often) or maybe some cheese.

I either have toast with natural peanut butter, oatmeal made with almond milk, dried cranberries and almonds or 2 eggs
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I usually have some fruit and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i get to work at 7 am. by then i have enjoyed breakfast already. usually i will start to get hungry around 10. which works out ok for me since my lunch is at 10:15 :) after lunch depending on what ive had im usually good till dinner when i get home around 5. if i need a snack around 1-2 i like to have a quest bar. guaranteed to keep me full unitl dinner.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Me too- Greek yogurt with frozen fruit - the fruit keeps my yogurt cold till 10:30/11:00 and has defrosted by then making it perfect.
    That way I also make sure to get lots of protein in the a.m.