Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need Grocery List Help!

Does anyone have any tips for a healthy 2-week grocery list? I am trying to minimize salt, butter and sugar... but I am also trying to avoid processed foods (for the most part) and buy fresh. It seems that if I buy 2 weeks of fresh food, a good portion of it goes bad before I get a chance to eat it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or maybe knows a good website for building a healthy grocery list?
I generally shop every 2 weeks when I get paid. I mostly buy things to bring to work for breakfast and lunch. So I am looking for things that don’t take a lot of prepping/cooking and are easy to package for on-the-go. Some items (like the chicken and rice) are more for me to eat on the weekends or at dinner when I have time to actually cook and prepare a meal.
Here is what I have so far (feel free to point out where it needs improvement):

-Plain yogurt
-Fresh fruit (for eating alone and mixing in yogurt): pineapple, tangerines, bananas, apples.
-Low-sodium canned soups
-Tuna (solid-white albacore in water)
-Wheat thins (reduced fat)
-Wheat bread
-Frozen/cooked shrimp
-Eggs
-Low-fat string cheese
-Dried fruit
-Pistachios
-Pumpkin seeds
-Celery
-Carrots
-Lite/Fat-free Ranch dressing
-Chicken (boneless)
-Jasmine Rice

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    I would definitely try making a full meal plan first before making your grocery list so that not only will you know exactly what to get without wasting food (and money) but then you'll know exactly what you're eating.

One of my favourite places to find great, healthy, CLEAN and easy recipes is oxygenmag.com