Newbie on board

Options
Hi everyone! I was recommended to this site by my nutritionist in my MDs office. I am pretty impressed with the site so far and LOVE that there is a driod app for my phone!

A little background:
I am a 30-something mom of 2 boys, and I went from a size 2 to a size 14 in the 5 years that I was having my 2 kids. Prior to that, I had already been showing signs of hypothyroidism, and now the bloodwork is confirming that I am borderline. I have been having a load of health issues, and multiple trips to the ER; all of which ended up being related to my weight. It's pretty unfamiliar terriority for me, as I was an athlete when I was younger, and always kept myself healthy by eating an organic diet with limited animal products. But things change, and here I am ready to take back control of my life so that my boys and my husband can truly enjoy our lives together.

Thanks for reading, and best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• Sonflower
    Options
    My first day also..good luck to you..
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Good luck. This is a great app on the droid and makes travel easier. I could log in at the soccer field or at home. Good luck and if you need a cheering squad...GO NEWBIE!!!:smile:
  • msmbv
    msmbv Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The driod app has become an invaluable tool. I never realized how much I eat-on-the-go! So far, so good. I have not measured or weighed myself yet since I started, but I go to the Dr. tomorrow and I'll see how I am progressing. :)
  • truthandvirtue
    Options
    This is my first day too! I had uploaded the app last night to my iPod, but I'm so excited to hear that there's an app for the Droid as I'm due to get mine in the next few days! Can't wait to see the results!