Is your pet clumsy?

Options
2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My kitten gets so excited when she hears me putting food in her dish that she races from wherever she is and half the time she jumps up onto the counter (she gets fed on the bathroom counter because the dog eats it otherwise) and is going so fast that she skids across and bangs into the wall and slides off... hits the toilet and yesterday she ended up wet.
    That's awesome!

I have one of those long, thin cardboard scratching posts in the hallway next to my kitchen and my youngest cat (I think she does it on purpose) will run across the living room and kitchen to jump on it and slide across the floor.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I run with my dog and sometimes, when she's off leash, she gets really excited for 30 seconds at a time and starts "dancing" and running in circles and once she realizes how far away from me she's run, she runs back to me at full speed and usually plows into me and almost knocks me over. She's about 30 pounds.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I have a Boston terrier named Andy that is dumber than a box of rocks. He's going blind now, but even before then he would run into the door of his crate on a daily basis, runs into the house when he's coming in from a potty break, and bumps into the furniture.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    She was graceful until we made her an inside cat now she's chunking on the weight, and she's become a clumsy jumper. Poor kitty.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My cat sometimes misses the windowsill, gets a little lower, her claws hang in the spaces of the radiator and we have to immediatelly get her out of there or she just hangs there pulling her claws. :cry:

But most times she just misses her jumps, then starts walking away like she never wanted to jump on that surface. Then she is cutely clumsy.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    During one winter our cat mistakenly thought we wanted him to jump up on to the wood stove. Poor kitty couldn't walk for a week and then stayed clear of it for the rest of his life.

My bird would constantly fly into the same window, fall and walk around dazed for about 10 seconds but was fine.

Sometimes my dog runs so fast downhill it looks like her butt is in front of her.