Camp Gladiator Anyone?

Options
My wife and I were invited to attend a Camp Gladiator training camp and went to our first one this morning (I think the camp is on Week 2 of this 4-week cycle). Although I hated getting up at 4:30 to get to the 5AM camp, I enjoyed the full-body workout it offered. Been having a hard time getting out of the office for gym-time over lunch, so looking at this as an opportunity to do something that fits the schedule.

Anyone else done/doing a Camp Gladiator? I'd like to hear some thoughts or feedback on the camps. In the past, I've done mostly indvidual workouts (some group runs and such) - so this might be a good way to ensure accountability for exercising.

Replies

• Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Anyone ... anyone ... Bueller ... Bueller??
  • This43IsNotMe
    This43IsNotMe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If the baby's not up...momma's not up! Good luck. You are a true gladiator if you can get up that early!!!! But i'm sure it's a kick *kitten* workout.
  • Vince_1964
    Options
    My last couple of years in the Air Force, I got up that early several days a week to get workout time in before getting to the office! It's early though ... I'm sure it'll catch up to us on Friday evening when we'll be ready for bed by like 8:00! :laugh:
  • dayala01
    dayala01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to do CG a few years ago and would attend the 5 am class in my area. I liked the workouts and the people, but I was just starting out at the time (with working out) and by the second camp in I ended up hurting my ankle so I had to cut back on going. After that I ended up moving farther away and stopped going all together. I wish they would open up a camp closer to my new place, but until then it's youtube and whatever else I can find to workout.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Its to early for me Vince Spartacus.
  • Vince_1964
    Options
    LOL - thanks Daddy-O!! :wink: It's actually too early for me too!
  • ChrisCTO1969
    ChrisCTO1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I live in the North Dallas area and been going to CG since 4/2013. I'm pretty fortunate to have several locations close to me to attend. One directly in our neighborhood (2 min drive) is on Tues and Thurs evenings at 7PM then on Mon, Wed & Fri 5:30AM a little farther down the road about 5 min drive. I just turned 44 this month, was never really athletic in school but really liking it now. Attended the CG prelim games last Summer, although I didn't make it to the finals in Austin I was amazed how far I had come.

Chris