marinated chicken breasts

hroush
hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
okay, so they aren't truly marinated, but it still tastes delicious. My wife thought of this, so I threw it together tonight and it was magnificent! The way we made it could be improved health wise, but ours was still only 431 calories per serving. Next time I'll make 6 chicken breasts and there will be more left overs and less calories :smile:

4 chicken breasts
1 can spaghetti sauce (used hunt's chunky vegetable)
4 cups pasta (used white egg noodles) (almost used them up, will buy better next time!)
1 cup mozzarella

If the chicken breasts are frozen, boil until you can poke a fork through them. Pre-heat oven at 350. Put chicken breasts in 8 x 8, 9 x 13 if doing 6) dish and cover with spaghetti sauce. Bake for 30 minutes. When the chicken has 10 minutes left, boil the pasta. When the chicken is done, sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and put back in the oven for 5 minutes (no need to turn oven back on). Serve over pasta and enjoy!

4 servings

calories - 431
carbs - 50
fat - 9
protein - 38
fiber - 6
sugar - 14

Replies

• Sounds yummy!!! Tks for sharing!!
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    Sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it out soon. Thanks for the recipe!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    That sounds really good! If I do it, I will substitute about 1/2 cup of Parmegan shredded cheese for the Mozarella, and use spaghetti noodles. I think that will save calories without taking away taste.

My sister-in-law takes onion and food processes it until it is totally mushed. Then she cooks it with some olive oil and then adds the spaghetti (or tomato) sauce and spices and simmers it to the right consistency. You never know the onion is there!

Thanks for the baked chicken idea. :drinker: (water)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    We love to fry onions. I just throw them in a non stick pan without oil. That may be an addition. We also love to add bell peppers to dishes as well, hmm.
This discussion has been closed.