Back on the wagon

Options
Hi everyone-

I am a 32 year old mom/pre-nursing student. I lost almost 25 lbs last year using MFP and a group training class at my gym. When I went back to school over the summer, I had a lot less time on my hands and stopped working out and started with the stress eating and convenience eating again. Now, I'm about 12-15 lbs up and not feeling so great. I was never really active on the boards before but I figure it could be useful.

This time around, my schedule doesn't fit with the group fitness classes that I loved so much, and I would like to try a different approach anyway. I changed my settings so that it reads as if I have reached my goal weight and I am working in a maintenance phase. I don't care if it takes longer, I think it sounds like a sustainable way for me to go. I'm going to be working out more from home this time.

I mostly eat vegetarian, with some fish every now and then, but I strive for a 40/30/30 balance when I am trying to lose weight. It worked really well last time, but I get weary of documenting every single thing I eat. I think that was my downfall last time. Any suggestions for keeping on track without getting overly obsessed with calories and protein grams?

Replies

• Nixie35
    Options
    I made a promise to myself to track at least 5 days a week. If I don't track on the weekends, I get a bit frustrated at myself, but I don't beat myself up about it. Having permission to not have to track every single day helps me track during the week.
  • Renegade706
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan, As long as you know your meals are healthy and full of nutrients you dont have to obsess over logging everything. Feel free to add me :)
  • TeraTW
    TeraTW Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's a great idea!
  • TeraTW
    TeraTW Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks- you're right, I need to remember that I already know how this works and just apply it.