Treadmill Recommendation

Options
2»

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Or save the $$ and run outside!

It's hard when it's 0 and there is ice and snow everywhere!

I live in MN and it's very snowy and cold (negative temps all week this week) but I dress in many layers and use those spikes on my shoes. I run outdoors year round.

While I appreciate running outside and prefer it over treadmill running, I find it horribly arrogant when people make comments like yours. Everyone has their reasons for choosing a treadmill versus running outside and running on a treadmill is better than doing nothing at all.

I never said anything against treadmills, you took it that way. To each their own. I never said one way was better, I said what I do. You seem very sensitive about it. What in my post was arrogant? Just curious because I read it again and dont see anything putting down treadmills.
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Or save the $$ and run outside!

It's hard when it's 0 and there is ice and snow everywhere!

I live in MN and it's very snowy and cold (negative temps all week this week) but I dress in many layers and use those spikes on my shoes. I run outdoors year round.

While I appreciate running outside and prefer it over treadmill running, I find it horribly arrogant when people make comments like yours. Everyone has their reasons for choosing a treadmill versus running outside and running on a treadmill is better than doing nothing at all.

I never said anything against treadmills, you took it that way. To each their own. I never said one way was better, I said what I do. You seem very sensitive about it. What in my post was arrogant? Just curious because I read it again and dont see anything putting down treadmills.

Everyone these days seems to be looking for a reason to be offended. I read your initial post and while I don't find it helpful to a person looking for recommendations for a treadmill...I see nothing offensive or arrogant. All of those who consider themselves "tolerant" of others need to look in the mirror once in a while.

I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I had a proform I purchased a few years back and the computer board stopped functioning. I basically would have to replace it to repair. I endend up buying a new treadmill 3 years ago to replace the proform. This time around it's the Sole and it is a very sturdy machine.

I agree with the other poster that Landice are supposed to be the best in treadmills but it is kinda pricey. The Sole I bought have good reviews on consumer reports so I stuck with it regardless of the features. To me it was more important that it was sturdy, well made and strong. I want it to last me years to come. So far so good.

I would suggest you look at reviews from consumer reports. Everything I've bought based on consumer reports reviews have been good buys for me thus far.