Hip Bursitis Help please

Options
Does anyone have any advice on exercises I can do low impact while I am out of commission recovering.
I am a runner and can't run, very sad :(

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Would it hurt your hip to ride a bike? I stopped running for two months due to a hip issue and rode the stationary bike at my gym to get my heart rate up to a level like running (riding my mountain bike outside never kept my HR up at a high level). I came back to running even stronger.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can try that tomorrow. I have a bike and I also can go to the gym and ride one there. I will only know for sure about 10 hours later if my hip gets worse, I suppose its worth a shot. I am just so afraid of making it worse and not be able to run anymore. Running is what I live for. I got a cortisone shot last week and it did not help jack sh**. I go to PT tomorrow, I will see what they say :(
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have hip bursitis too. I have to take ibuprofen when it starts to hurt. If I catch it soon enough I can knock out the pain before it gets bad. There are times that I can't run because of it. Those days I just work my arms.
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I too was diagnosed with hip bursitis in June. Was put on heavy anti-inflammatory and told to rest it. I've been trying to patiently wait it out and find other exercises without belonging to a gym that won't aggravate it. Went to try a light run/walk interval set the other day and it is not better yet!

I didn't really classify myself as a runner, but I can't wait to get back out there! This is SO FRUSTRATING.