Please Help Me!

Options
trina1704
trina1704 Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Ok so this is my second shot at MFP. I really want to start doing things properly...but I need some help....

What calories should I be eating?

My stats are 108.5 kilos height is 5'9 I need to know how many calories I should be eating? also how accurate is MFP exercise log? should I eat back those calories?

Im going to try to make sure I am eating a nutrient based diet but I will be honest some of my calories will be from BAD foods....

Also what exercise plans should I be doing? I want to try and lose 1 kilo a week to start as I have atleast 40 kilos to lose.

Feel free to add me as a friend! Also I have a family so my nightly meal needs to be something the whole family can eat.

Replies

• trina1704
    trina1704 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone???
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    You need to figure out your calorie goals and macro targets and make sure that you're that you're getting sufficient fiber. The link I am leaving at the end will help you do those calculations, among other things. The amount of calories you should be eating depends on those calculations, on your goals and on adherence. As for exercise, in my opinion MFP does overestimate some of the exercise calories, so you may want to be careful if you are planning to eat them all back. I have a Bodymedia Fit to calculate my exercise calories burned and it has been well worth it. You'll also want to track your intake as accurately as possible by weighing everything on a digital scale.
    As for exercise, find something you enjoy. I started with Aquafit and a recumbent bike at my heaviest and now I kickbox and do weight training. ( I highly reccommend weight training ASAP, I am sorry I did not start earlier). But mostly, find something you will stick with. That's what matters.
    Lastly, do not worry about good or bad foods. There are no bad foods. Some are more nutrient dense than others, but no foods are bad or junk and ALL can be incorporated into a healthy diet. It is all about portion control and moderation. If you are eating at a calorie deficit you WILL lose weight. Here s an excellent post to get you started. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    And this is a great article:
    http://impruvism.com/flexible-dieting-basics
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    MFP wil tell you how many calories you should be eating each day once you set up your goals. It will break those calories down into groups totals (protein, carbs, fat, etc.) I would use their program to tell you that information.

Don't know how accurate the exercise calculations are, but I'm sure it's pretty close. You can always change the amount if you see different. For example: Sometimes when I have walked on a treadmill the calories burned are a little different. I think it's because of the intensity of the walk. I NEVER walk the whole time at one speed.

As for eating back the calories.....that is totally up to you. If you don't, you will lose weight faster (I would think). If you do, you will still lose weight.

As for the "bad" foods....I wouldn't cut anything out completely. Just modify the amount and frequency of those bad foods.

Exercise Plan should be something you love so that you will stick with it. Always have a combination of cardio and strength training.

I am not an EXPERT. i am someone that has struggled and learned throughout this process.

Have fun!!! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.