Verizon vs US Cell (cell phone providers )

Options
Smiling_Sara
Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
Hey everyone, I'm looking to move cell phone providers from Sprint to either Verizon or US Cell. Which one is better?

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Neither are perfect, obv.

We've had US Cellular for ~5 years (just outside Madison, WI) and have exceptional phone and data signal/reception. They recently upgraded their system which has caused some snafu's with billing and customer service but it's slowly getting ironed out. I don't see us switching anytime soon.

I know there are a lot of unhappy US Cell campers out there though. They tend to make the most noise so I thought I'd throw out some positive words about them.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have never even heard of US Cell, but I have had Verizon for a few years and it's the best out of any service I have had including T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Metro PCS. Wouldn't switch!
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have been with Verizon for about 2 and a half years now. I have not had a single problem at all through them. I have gone through US Cellular, T-Mobile, and Sprint, which have all had, at least from personal experience, pretty ****ed up customer service.

US Cellular - I have found to be a hit and miss when it comes to customer service. Either you get great service, or you get terrible service, (customer service) and you never know when your going to get either. However, it has been a few years since I've had them. In fact, I think the last time I had them was right after I turned 18, and I'm now 24. They were highly outdated and I don't like the fact that when I was with them they had roaming charges. I switched to T-Mobile (would rather go through US Cellular) and don't remember much other than the phone I got was crap, and I went in the next week and they refused to do anything about it. Also, there are no T-mobile stores anywhere I live anymore because their service was so crappy that no one got service even right in the middle of town. From T-mobile I switched to Sprint, which again I had gotten a crappy phone, went in on the 13th day and they refused to do anything about it at all. I also had issues with them adding extra charges on my phone bill, telling me, oh yeah, they aren't supposed to be on there, but refusing to take them off at the same time.

Verizon... not one single problem. Not a damn one. However, I have also heard that some people have gotten crappy service from them. I really don't expect a whole lot though. Don't add things to my bill, and have my phone working. Really all I've ever asked for. I get service anywhere there is service, in fact, I get a lot more service with verizon than I've had with any other service before.

I do like that US Cellular seems to be updating their systems and stuff. My mom is very happy with their service. As for Sprint, I havn't heard a single person say anything good about them.

So now you know my thoughts, but glad to hear your doing your research! :)