37, had twins 5 months ago and need motivation!

Options
I joined MFP a couple of years ago and had success! Then I got pregnant and gained the weight back and now I cannot find the motivation to lose it. I cannot seem to find the time between working and taking care of 2 babies to exercise. I have a husband who is very helpful and I know he would love to see me get on that elliptical that stares at me everyday! Please give me ideas on what other working moms do to make it all work!

Replies

• Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the twins! I have twin boys myself. I know it is a crazy roller coaster. What kind of schedule do you have? When do they go to sleep/wake? When mine were that age, I will still on leave so I would walk with them in the double stroller everyday first thing in the morning after they ate. Could you workout just before they get up? Right after they go down for the night?
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No twins here but I am 38 and am in the same boat...I have an hour commute each way and 2 school age kids. I find that the only time I really get results is when I can exercise a lot. For me. that means hitting the gym about 5:30 am. That is not always the hard part though---that requires lunch packed, clothes ironed, and gym bag ready to go the night before.
    It's hard.
    Maybe you can walk with the babies (I don't know what geographical area you are in ---its supposed to snow here in the next 24 hrs)
    Sometimes I split cardio time between morning and afternoon just to get more time in.
    Good Luck...once you have a routine, it will be easier
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Personally I just could not take care of myself when my twins were that age but there's 19 months between my twins and their older brother, who's destruction at the age of two was LEGENDARY, Plus my guys were preemies and as a result suffered from projectile vomiting their first year home (until 14 months or so old).

But, walking when you can helps. I had a bike trailer that I use to haul the guys around in. That was a workout too. Fit in what you can. It's not easy, but it's worth taking care of yourself.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the twins! You did it once you can do it twice!! You know exactly what you need to do and it will happen!! :) Good luck!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of twins and I also work full time... first off I think you need to cut yourself some slack!

At the beginning when my little ladies were infants; I returned to weight watchers and I figured nursing them and doing cardio on my treadmill was enough. It's not until they hit 3 that I got a membership at the Y and started taking advantage of the services available there. I was able to get some good workouts in!

Good luck to you!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I do need to cut myself some slack!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Start with lowering your calories. You don't need to exercise to lose weight. It's better (in my opinion) if you do, but if you can't find the time and energy right now, just work on your diet.