40+ Group - is there a slightly over 40 - maybe 50+ Group?

Options
Hey Everyone,
I'm in my mid 50's and a fairly new widow. I was my husband's caretaker for 3 years before he passed - now
I need to start taking care of myself - I think it's finally time.
Is there a "group" for me? I am joining a yoga class in Sept. Thinking about joining Curves (is it ok to mention them by name?).
Has anyone had luck with that program that they'd like to share with me?
Thanks....
Pat

Replies

• lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. It takes a special person to care for others and alot of times, they lose them selves in the process. I'm glad you're taking time for yourself. I think Curves is a good place to start. I knew someone who lost 100 lbs using thier program. Yoga is a great idea, as well. I wish you great sucess!
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i've done yoga a few times. i like it , it's a really good work-out. yoga helps with your stretching and balance. give it a try or 2.

i also had a few lady's i used to work with do Curve's it's worked for them. good luck.
  • JooJooVooDoo
    Options
    Hi There - I go to Curves 3 times a week over here in the UK. I started in February and have lost 34lbs so far. The circuit isn't too difficult for me - I have a few health issues & manage fine. I'm 47 - it really works for me!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Pat, look on the "Motivation and Support" message board......there's a group called "women ages 50+"
    It's a very supportive and encouraging group......we'd love to have you join us. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    43 hello hello all :flowerforyou:
  • jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Do a search for "women 40+ would like to share progress"... It's a very supportive group and we welcome women of all ages who are 40 and over.

Jen
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :cry:
    Do a search for "women 40+ would like to share progress"... It's a very supportive group and we welcome women of all ages who are 40 and over.

Jen
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Pat, look on the "Motivation and Support" message board......there's a group called "women ages 50+"
    It's a very supportive and encouraging group......we'd love to have you join us. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yes, we would LOVE to have you. There are a lot of women 50+, some even 60+ and older.
  • slimline1
    slimline1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Condolence for the loss of your husband, don't know what I would do without mine.
    Curves is a very good place to start, I lost 2 stone in a year by attending 4 times a week and joining their dieting programme.
    Best wishes and good luck. Carol
  • slimline1
    slimline1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 64, recommended to this site via the slimfast plan and find the food diary amazing and obligatory to my weight loss journey.
    I don't know what I am doing wrong but I've lost the plot on how to get to chat to anyone on this site, it's not obvious (to me) where I start! I'm have no problem on the SF one, think I am having a senior moment. So any responses will be gratefully received.