Bruises from exercise?

Options
Can you get bruises from working out? Today I noticed 8 bruises (5 on the front of my right leg + 3 on the front of my left leg) My husband suggested it might be from exercise, but I had never heard of that happening? So now I'm assuming they are from starting back up my Zumba classes, because I honestly don't know where they came from.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I've had that after doing a charity walk for 18hrs straight. I bruise easily but not usually from normal exercise.

However, if you are bruising from exercise you might want to get it checked out by a doc. I have had lots of friends with anemia or different blood diseases that happened to.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercise. Bruising on the legs from deadlifts is typical and expected, for example. You didn't mention what you are actually doing other than Zumba.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I always have bruises, but mostly from smacking weights into myself. lol. I always have some on my upper thighs from weighted bridge.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My partner gets massive bruises on his knees when he exercises....I personally don't. I don't bruise easy.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I get bruises on my knees but also on my thighs!
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I get bruises whenI run long distances after a break...usually around my thighs and knees. I googled it and it said it was the muscle fibers tearing a bit more than usual for those who bruise easily.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Just zumba 3x week. I work at a daycare so I'm on my feet at work, but I didn't get the bruising till started back my zumba classes, after being away for 4 months.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This happens to me! I do a lot of high impact cardio + weight lifting. I am always getting new bruises in random places after particularly intense workout sessions. Arms..legs...butt. It doesn't seem to matter, but they're usually painless. But, I also bruise like a peach. Look at me wrong and watch the bruise bloom under my skin right before your eyes!

I take a multivitamin that has iron and I also get iron through my food, but I don't know that it's made much of a difference. I probably should go to the doctor...but...eh.