Sedentary. Or lightly active?

Options
ChunkyCharly
ChunkyCharly Posts: 20
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Morning everyone. Quick question, am I sedentary, or lightly active? (Told with out exercise, as I eat cals back)

I get up, shower, dress etc, I drive half hour to work, sit at my desk for 8hrs.. (Within that I walk to the toilet, and smoking area a few times a day lol) I drive half hour home, cook dinner, occasionally treat the floor to a Hoover and finally sit and watch tv, lol!

Lazy girl aren't i? I'm guessing sedentary which I've always had..

Xxx

Replies

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    If the way from the car to your desktop is short, the toilet on the same floor and you don't cook elaborate meals that take 2 hours to prepare, I'd say sedentary is probably right
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds about as sedentary as you can be without being in a coma. Lol. About like me...
  • justmary4cm
    Options
    I made the mistake of saying Lightly Active and then adding in my dog walks that I have done everyday for more than 20 years as extra exercise! LOL Took me a couple of days of doing that to see that it was kind of crazy to consider what I used to make myself appear active as EXTRA! LOL
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a similar question. I sit on my tookhes for my entire shift (8 hours, 4 overnights a week) but I also go to cosmetology school during the day where I am on my feet and runnin' around part of the day (three days a week). For a month now I have been going to the gym (3 days a week/45 min elliptical) and I have a three year old. Would I be sedentary or lightly active? Does how much you exercise factor in?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a similar question. I sit on my tookhes for my entire shift (8 hours, 4 overnights a week) but I also go to cosmetology school during the day where I am on my feet and runnin' around part of the day (three days a week). For a month now I have been going to the gym (3 days a week/45 min elliptical) and I have a three year old. Would I be sedentary or lightly active? Does how much you exercise factor in?
    If you are going by the MFP method, which does not include exercise energy expenditure, then you only consider your non-exercise activity. Whether you are sedentary or lightly active depends on how much movement you do on a daily basis. For the TDEE method, you'd likely be considered on the upper end of lightly active.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    To the OP.... I would say sedentary.
    Lightly active.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Sedentary.
This discussion has been closed.