Introducing ..... The 'New' Me

Options
Hi everybody, I'm Lisa (pause, while everybody says 'Hi Lisa')

I am new to MFP, but certainly not to diets(eating plans!). I am 41 years old and can't remember ever not worrying about my weight - with good reason, I'm 5' 5" and weighed 280lbs at my heaviest ever (which was last week!).

Several years ago, I managed to lose 6 stone, using SW, and was almost at my goal weight. Felt the happiest and fittest I had ever been and even became a gym bunny. Unfortunately, I then became the most unwell I have ever been, developed blood clots on my lungs, couldn't go to the gym, sat watching TV and all the weight came back, plus the usual extra bit.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah, I am now ready for this fat to come off AGAIN. I know it's not going to be easy, it was VERY HARD TO DO last time and I am so angry with myself for undoing all my hard work.

I am determined to do this - for the very last and permanent time.

Lost 5lbs in my first week, so that's a good boost.

Just one last thing - when I gave up smoking, I woke up one morning and didn't smoke any more. Wouldn't it be fabulous if you could wake up at goal and just have to work at keeping there? :bigsmile:

Replies

• tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too wish you could wake up with it all gone and then just go straight to maintenance. Feel free to friend me if you want mutual support and encouragement :happy: