Fat guy looking for support

Options
Hi my name's Tim and I need to lose weight. Diabetes and high blood pressure have crept up on me and I don't like it. I am a coach and want it be an example for my players. I also like to have a good time. I'll do my best to be a supportive friend, but I am sarcastic and politically incorrect. Add me and let's shed these pounds!

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :)
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I've been in your shoes at one point. High Blood pressure anyways. Took a long look at myself and decided to make a change. I'll be happy to give you support.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Hey Tim!

Welcome to MFP! Great first step in taking back your health and being a good example for your players! Would love to give you support!
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    This is a good place to start. What do you coach?
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim,

You are starting with an advantage, you are already a coach--so if you turn around what you say to your athletes, and use it for yourself......there you go!!! This you can do.

Linia ????????????
  • ladyinde
    Options
    Hi Tim...wishing you all the best as you begin your journey...I, too am a diabetic since the age of 8. I applaud you for wanting to change your eating habits and take control of your blood sugar levels...good luck! Lois
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish for mutual support & motivation !! Any one, active on MFP can add me :)
  • Brandon_Wood
    Options
    You can do it man. I know it may sound a little silly but when I started out I stood in front of a mirror and told myself that I can do this; that it will take time; I didn't get fat overnight so I won't get skinny overnight; but it can be done. I do that from time to time to help keep me in that positive mindset and it's been a big help to me. I started out at 350 and am today at 301. All it took was making habit changes, being conscious of what and how much I was eating and doing yoga. If I did it I am confident you can to.
  • pikkies23
    Options
    hi there

go check out the Challenge ME November group! I studied human movement sciences and would be happy to assist you and anyone else joining the group to get eating habits and training programmes set up :)
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hi Tim,

You are starting with an advantage, you are already a coach--so if you turn around what you say to your athletes, and use it for yourself......there you go!!! This you can do.

Linia ????????????

Nothing at all to do with the post, but I have to say I love your ticker saying, I actually laughed out loud.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Request sent
  • samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!! I'm so happy that you're committing to this lifestyle change :) What are you doing to lose weight? Do you have a plan? Message me if you need support!! :)
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Request sent!!
  • danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new favorite website!
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi my name's Tim and I need to lose weight. Diabetes and high blood pressure have crept up on me and I don't like it. I am a coach and want it be an example for my players. I also like to have a good time. I'll do my best to be a supportive friend, but I am sarcastic and politically incorrect. Add me and let's shed these pounds!

Been there done that! Just recently unclassified as a diabetic! Friend Request sent!
  • emmygirl925
    emmygirl925 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go! As you progress you will only be that much more of an example for the kids you coach. I will add you. :smile:
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've been in your shoes, unsure if I had diabetes, but doctor said I was at high risk, but had high blood pleasure, being overweight causes so many problems from walking to sleeping having to carrying unnecessary weight around 24/7.

I'm over 60 days in, lost 15kg and starting to feel great but need more support myself, so feel free to add me, I'm always around.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Coaching my son's football teams was a big reason why I got off my @$$ and worked to lose the 80+ lbs I have. Coaching is much more fun when I can run around with them not just stand on the sidelines....
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim! I'm not sure that I can motivate you, I'm trying to motivate my husband as he has high blood pressure and his sugar was elevated last time he went to the Drs. But maybe you could give me a few tips to get him up off his a!!. I hear all the usual excuses, I work too much, I don't have any free time. He has time enuf to lay around watching sport & drinking wine. You can add me & maybe you can help me to help him. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou: