PCOS and type 2 diabetes weight loss help needed

Options
2»

Replies

• potatobug1985
    Options
    I've lost over 50 pounds recently and have PCOS. The good news is that only 30 pounds into my weight loss, I got back my period and I've had it ever since and its regular WITH ZERO MEDICATION/PILLS. This has never happened before!

If you have PCOS, it is harder to lose weight than others especially around you mid-section (it seems to be the last thing to go). But I will tell you what has worked for me:

I've been calorie counting. The weight loss has been consistent with calorie counting but when it starts to slow down, I jump to low-carbing to kick start it again for only 2 weeks and then switch back to calorie counting. The best calorie calculator to calculate your daily caloric needs is: http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

Also, I intersperse working out. I don't work out every day but I do mild cardio a few days a week and do high-intensity or weightlifting a few days too per week.

To date: I've lost about 8-10 pounds per month. And its been pretty consistent except for a couple of plateaus. YOU CAN DO IT! :)