FitBit

Options

Replies

• albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    love my zip!! I wouldn't even want to upgrade to the new ones- I like being able to wear it clipped on my bra!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just got mine less than two weeks ago and love it. I've had no issues synching with MFP or the website....I'm already addicted :)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    For the Fitbit One users make sure you update your unit to the new Firmware Version: 60. The battery has improved a lot.

Here is the link to check for upgrades on your unit:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/851717-what-has-changed-in-the-latest-tracker-update-
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one! I find it very motivating. I have been using fitbit over a year and am very happy with it.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I have had the Flex for a little over a month. So far I really like it. After I figured out that you have to set up a food plan on your FitBit dashboard, otherwise you will be eating at maintenance if you follow what they say you have for calories to eat throughout the day. Once I got the food plan figured out, I have really loved it!!
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have the flex. I have it synced to MFP so that part is very nice. Of course the only issue with flex is it doesn't count stairs but is water proof. I could order the Force, but I have only had my flex for 2 months and hate to have to buy a new one. I can live without the stairs for now.

Very motivating and I have found myself walking around the house in the evenings trying to get those last few steps in. :)
  • rosemary98
    Options
    new to fitbit. did you order it off their website? other vendors? which fitbit is best? the flex or the force? previous poster stated that the flex doesn't count stairs...that seems strange. how could a fitbit be helpful for me. I am not currently very active.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon. I would say either the Force or the One, depending on where you want to wear it. The Flex is missing a few features that were deal breakers for me. It does not count stairs and it doesn't have a display, but mainly it does not have the activity timer feature.

The One and the Force appear to be the same (although I have not looked at the Force much). It's just how it's worn. If you want it always on your wrist, look at the Force. If you want to clip it to a bra or pocket, look at the One.
  • CrayBay147
    Options
    I love my Flex. I had the zip before and liked that one too but a lot of days I forgot to put it on before leaving the house. The Flex is always on me so its a lot more convenient. It motivates me to be more active and I love how it syncs with MFP so I can see where I am at with my calories in and my calories burned for the day!!! You are going to love it!!!

I will say I was annoyed when they came out with the Force. I had just bought my Flex like a month prior and felt a bit cheated. But it is what it is and I am happy with what I have so it's all good lol
  • heatherannh23
    heatherannh23 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and love it. I debated for a while between the Force and Flex but I went with Flex simply because I don't necessarily need all the extra features. It's awesome and I haven't had any problems with it. Definitely a useful tool for losing weight.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    the flex doesn't measure stairs but is water proof. - warning geeky stuff coming. To measure stairs you need to measure a change in pressure. Barometric pressure "water pressure" Since the flex is water proof, it can not do this.
    But if you can take a shower with it or run through the sprinklers or fall in the pool etc.
    So it really depends on what features you care about.

I don't own a Force but understand it is waterproof and measures stairs so I am guessing that you must click the button to tell it you are in some sort of stair mode. Perhaps a kind Force owner can let us know.
  • goldyd
    goldyd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have the Fitbit ONE. .and never leave the house without it.. absolutely LOVE it.. keeps me motivated!!
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I started with the Ultra and killed it. Customer service was great, repalced it free of charge. My second Ultra I broke the holder twice and they replaced it free. I upgraded to the Flex, which by the way is NOT water proof. I swam with the dolphins in Jamaica and it was ciompletely dead after. I dried it out in rice and just left it for about 10 days, no luck. Fortunately when I got home I still had my old Ultra, charged it up and is working like a charm, except for me breaking yet another holder. I have the Force on back order now. i like the eae of keeping it on my wrist all the time, no chance of forgetting it when changing, and having all of my steps count.

All this to say that I've been a Fitbitter for about two years, they make a great product that gets you moving.If your moving more then you were before you got it then its worth it. I've always had fantastic customer service. My one beef is the holders for the Ultra but thats a non issue now, also my Flex band did break, but I kept the extra band. So if anyone needs a band, hit me up. I'm loooking forward to the Force and having my flights count again.
  • jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all the feedback! I wore it on my non-dominate hand yesterday and it still counted steps (I tend to drive with my left hand even tho I am right handed), so this morning I just took it off when I got in the car and put it back on at the office. That really seemed to work!! It seems a lot more accurate today.

I am loving it so far! Its fun to be in competition with what you did or didn't do the day before or being close to a goal and not stopping until you beat it!!
  • jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got mine at bestbuy just b/c I wanted it NOW!
  • Yari12
    Yari12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been using the fitbit One for a month now and I LOVE it! It motivates me so much and I love the app for my iphone. The battery lasts for 2 weeks or more and I do not get extra steps while driving if I leave it clipped to my waist. I wish that it was more secure though. It can be lost easily.
  • bniebel10
    bniebel10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just bought mine tonight :)

51531459.png\
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I will give it half the credit for keeping me motivated and changing my lifestyle to 'Active'. Even on days I don't do cardio per se I almost always insist on hitting my step goal because of the Fitbit. And because there are a few people I've connected with as friends (mostly not in the U.S., btw) who I can't let beat me in steps :-)
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Have a zip and love it. Wear it everyday. ????????
  • mariechaffins
    Options
    Have a Zip. Got it for Christmas 2012. Love it !!