A Slap In To Reality

Options
2»

Replies

• mynewlife10
    Options
    I also have a severe Vit D deficiency and found it WAAYYYY easier to take the Gummy Vites than try to choke down the horse pills. It's also beneficial for my arthritis.

Do you know your level? Mine went down to a mere 10 :( I am supposed to be at 50-80. No wonder I have had major struggles. I take 50,000 IU drops per day because now the sun has left town and fall has set in.
  • mynewlife10
    Options
    Pease add me, I love your honesty. I need more of it in my life and more people to point out what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you; that is very kind of you. I will add you right now.
  • mynewlife10
    Options
    Can anyone here tell me how to get rid of the ticker, by the way? It isn't working.

you can reset it if you like - re-input your starting weight, then put in your current weight today and that'll sort the problem. If you don't want it appearing at all go into settings and change the privacy settings (I think! its a long time since I fiddled around with that!)

Thank you!
  • stacygwalters
    stacygwalters Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a trick to eating a salad out. Get the ranch on the side, then dip your fork in the dressing before stabbing a bite of lettuce, spinnach or whatever it is you're eating. You still get a taste of the dressing without adding up a ton of calories & fat. Also, at home, I make my own ranch dressing & it's much lower in calories. Pick up a single serve container of plain greek yogurt, mix it with a packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix & add a little skim milk...you could probably try using unsweetened almond milk as well but I've not tried that just yet. I can't imagine you would be able to tell a difference other than in the calories. Put it all in a pourable container and shake! You can google the actual recipe & calories. I think it's about 33 calories per serving. Try not to get discouraged though. 1 pound, is 1 pound and it adds up! I've lost 2 pounds per week the past 3 weeks & no, it's not falling off as quickly as I'd like but it's progress!
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Your body keeps an accurate journal of your diet regardless of what you write down.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. I am not aiming for that much of a deficit - my calorie intake stays at 1,200 or above. The deficit happens from my exercise so I am comfortable with it because it is not from "starving" myself.

That really doesn't change anything. Intake at 1200 calories (probably already too low as it is) and then adding bunches of exercise to hit 8400 calorie deficit per week (that's 1200 a day, insanely high for someone with less than 50lbs to lose) is very unhealthy and will inevitably cause failure. Moderate deficit for a longer period of time is the smart way to go. Extreme deficits result in loss of lean body mass (extremely bad) and nutritional deficiencies. Not to mention, they result in the extremely common adherence issues resulting in failure.
  • mynewlife10
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. I am not aiming for that much of a deficit - my calorie intake stays at 1,200 or above. The deficit happens from my exercise so I am comfortable with it because it is not from "starving" myself.

That really doesn't change anything. Intake at 1200 calories (probably already too low as it is) and then adding bunches of exercise to hit 8400 calorie deficit per week (that's 1200 a day, insanely high for someone with less than 50lbs to lose) is very unhealthy and will inevitably cause failure. Moderate deficit for a longer period of time is the smart way to go. Extreme deficits result in loss of lean body mass (extremely bad) and nutritional deficiencies. Not to mention, they result in the extremely common adherence issues resulting in failure.

Thank you for your input :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Good job analyzing what went on. Congrats on the first pound lost!
    Feel free to add me if looking for more friends
This discussion has been closed.