Breakfast is getting boring

Options

Replies

• IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Slice of toast with ..... almond/cashew butter, I've branched out from peanut butter.

My breakfast depends on whether I'm working late or early and/or if I've been for a run.
    Oats, water and honey
    Toast with a slice of cheese and micro egg
    Toast with almond/cashew butter and micro egg

Also depends if I'm eating out at night too, then it's a lighter breakfast such as fruit.

Obviously all washed down with a mug of PG Tips!!!
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    In the summer I was eating oatmeal pancakes quite a bit for breakfast, quick and easy and combine both! About 1/3 of a cup of oatmeal mixed with one egg, tons of different ways to make it some people mix in bananas or different things they are pretty light and taste good, I added pure maple syrup on top just for taste.
  • CleanEats4AppleCheeks
    Options
    I'm having these this week:
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Oatmeal_Smoothies
    Had these last week:
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/pumpkin-pie-overnight-protein-oatmeal/

Both are so delicious! I do the shakes pretty often even if its not for breakfast. I also like to have hard boiled eggs ready for some extra protein or just in case i'm feeling extra hungry:)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be breakfast foods? I eat whatever is in my fridge at any time during the day..

I do lean towards the breakfast type food because they are quick and easy, but if I have leftover dinner or salad. I'm knows to eat that too.

On my list to try: Cook eggs flat so you can roll it. up. place cooked meat, veggies, cheese, avocado, hummus, last night's dinner whatever, in it and roll up. See if it stay in it's burrito like glory..
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been making lots of breakfast sandwiches... alternate the breads you use - waffles, tortillas, rolls, etc; alternate the meats - turkey sausage, turkey bacon, canadian bacon, dare I say "real" bacon; with cheese or without; egg whites, with spinach or herbs if I'm feeling fancy...

I also agree with breaking the rules and having dinner items instead. I LOVE fried rice for breakfast. Day old rice, ham, peas, onion, egg and a touch of hoisin are great!
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I need some healthy breakfast ideas! I always eat eggs or oatmeal. IT"S GETTING BORING! Any ideas or recipes for breakfast?

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Spam spam spam spam... Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

You must be from Hawaii.

LOL!! I thought the same thing!

To the OP, hows about cottage cheese and fruit?
  • Bugsgettingfit
    Bugsgettingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This will sound gross, but I like to eat egg whites and peanut butter. It is delicious, and depending on the peanut butter, clean! Another option: runner's pancakes consisting of two egg whites, the normal serving of oatmeal, and blueberries. You let the oatmeal soak in the egg whites for about ten minutes, then put it on a skillet like a pancake. Flip it after a few minutes, cook a little longer, and enjoy!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try this cold oatmeal.

1/4 c uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
    1/3 c skim milk
    1/4 c low fat greek yogurt
    1 tsp cried chia seeds
    2 tsp maple syrup
    1/4 c blueberries

In a half pint jar add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds and maple syrup. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add blueberries and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I need some healthy breakfast ideas! I always eat eggs or oatmeal. IT"S GETTING BORING! Any ideas or recipes for breakfast?

EGGS...tons of them...oh and bacon!

<--- Look deep into my bacon weave...

-I make a protein pancake:
    4 egg whites, 1/4 cup of dry regular oats, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    Mix this and cook it in a non-stick skillet with some coconut oil
    Top it with some blackberries and sugar free syrup

-Mix a scoop of protein powder with a bowl of oatmeal

-1 cup of greek non-fat yogurt
    2 T of slivered almonds
    1/4 cup of blueberries

-grilled vegetables topped with a good quality aged balsamic vinegar

-grilled or baked fish

-popcorn

Think outside the box. You don't have to eat the traditional things for breakfast. (oatmeal, eggs, cereal) Just get creative. You could also look at what other countries or different cultures eat for breakfast.
  • JordanElizabeth87
    Options
    These sounds perfect for the hours I work!
  • emmatui
    emmatui Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm the same - I eat eggs or porridge every day and it gets boring...
    On my days off I loveeee: toasted sprouted rye bread with a spread of tahini, then slices of banana on top, and then a drizzle of honey on top of that. Delicious treat. Alternatively if you're not into the rye and tahini, some other healthy bread with low-fat peanut butter, banana and honey :)
  • pikkies23
    Options
    home made granola bars :) so super yummy when on the run - got a great recipe if you need it - very little calories :)
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I rotate between eggs (scrambled, fried, burrito) with some kind of meat, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, protein pancakes (once every other week or something).

I'd totally eat non breakfast food but struggle already to figure out lunch...

Doea anybody use real maple syrup on their protein pancakes? Any way to make a bisquick biscuit healthier?
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Move away from the 'breakfast foods'......I eat what I crave. I've had cold homemade pizza, leftover burgers, a big bowl of stew. Who says breakfast has to be 'breakfast'?

^^^^Agree 100%. I have the traditional breakfast, All bran cereal or eggs once in awhile, but most times. I eat non-traditional breakfasts.

cottage cheese and (fruit) usually strawberries
    Shrimp cooked spicey (love spicey hot foods) with veggies
    huge salads with all kinds of stuff in it along with good protein (can salmon, tuna, pork, chicken etc)
    Peanut butter and sugar free jelly sandwich (I am diabetic so I have to have the sugar free jellies)
    big plate of broccoli sprinkled with Mrs dash chipote seasoning and sprinkled with shredded cheese with a protien of some sort.

Grilled cheese sandwich

I eat what I feel like eating, wether it is traditional breakfast or (most times) non traditional
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Switch to a different grain cereal now and then. I looove Bob's Red Mill 10-grain with some peaches or strawberries..mmm. Add salsa, veggies, or meat to your egg breakfast. Make up batches of french toast and waffles and freeze them for quick breakfasts :) Smoothies, yogurt + granola, toast w/ almond or peanut butter or avocado, brown rice w/ stewed apples or plums (can be made in a big batch and frozen). Toast w/ smoked fish and a piece of fruit, bagel & lox, chicken breast w/ fruit, rice porridge (congee/jook), possibilities are endless really :)
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh! And grits or polenta w/ a bit of cheese or shrimp :) LOVE that!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt with dried fruit, nuts and berries :)
    Pancakes (healthy recipes)
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eggs with Sriracha.

I LOVE Sriracha with my eggs, or cottage cheese, or sardines, or with my sriracha !!!
  • Target126
    Target126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My favourites are - ham with scrambled eggs and spinach &/or mushrooms, sausages with tomatoes & mushrooms (just had that this morning), 2 slices wholemeal toast with pb & a banana, granola with natural or greek yog and berries, omelette (I throw in red onion, peppers, ham)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm doing Dannon Greek Yogurt (multiple flavors, 80 calories) with 4 Tbsp. of pumpkin mixed in. I also like Kashi cereals with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, and another favorite is Muesli bread - hopefully you can find this at a local bakery. I do like kashi oatmeal with a Tbsp of crunchy peanut butter and sliced banana (tasty, but it also drives up the calories a bit - if you're exercising enough - not a problem).