New running app, better than couch25k

Options
Hello! I stumbled across a new running app i really like. It was recommended to me by one of those facebook ads for apps. The full name is something like running for weight loss PRO. It does cost money, i think I paid $2 but I believe it's worth it. I like it better than couch25k bc it kept me interested. I feel couch 2 5k starts off a little too slow and I get bored, but I don't want to skip any weeks. The app also incorporates sprints in later weeks. It includes a calorie counter that is surprisingly accurate. I wear my hrm when I run and by the end of the work out the two calorie counts are within 10-15 calories! One annoying thing though is it has a point system that doesn't seem to serve any really purpose, it just pops up all the time, kinda annoying. Anyone else try this?? What are your thoughts? I'm currently on the second week.

Replies

• mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It may be a good app but having finished the regular C25K, if at some point sprinting was a part of just trying to finish the run I would have been ..'Nope'
    Sounds like this could be a more advanced C25K type program for those who are at a higher fitness level than a lot who have not run in years and years if ever.
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good thing to keep in mind :smile: