Not about the number...

Options
tiffpooler88
tiffpooler88 Posts: 4
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I've recently joined MFP in order to keep myself accountable. I'll be two weeks postpartum tomorrow with my second baby and I've already lost all of my weight plus some from both pregnancies. But I didn't want the weight loss to stop so I decided to make the change. But all I keep seeing in these posts is how much some of you want to lose or you want to be a certain weight. For me though it's not really about the number it's more of how I feel in my clothes verse how much I actually weigh. Just saying :)

Replies

• waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I think all of us are here for different reasons. I fit well in my clothes. I just kept buying the next waist size up. For going to the doctor and him telling me I was in prediabetes and he was putting me on metformin was my "bottom" ime to really get healthy and lose weight. For me the number is a guage to where I want to be. Not just weight number. After losing what I have so far. Blood pressure number is good. Blood sugar, still waiting on that since I just went back to my doc. So I think it's about several numbers. Everyone here is different but we're all here to help each other. Ok already too long winded. :bigsmile:
  • ladyred316
    Options
    You're absolutely right. It's not about the number of your weight. I'm trying to get more lean and toned, and typically weight loss comes with that. Muscle burns more calories than fat, and muscle burns fat.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think alot of people like to focus on goal weights because it is measurable - you can say hey I am halfway there! Non weight related goals can be super rewarding too, its just harder to measure your progress towards them sometimes. I personally feel more accomplishment out of NSVs than I do dropping a pound but obviously I am happy with both. Whatever your reasons as long as you know what they are and that they are important enough to fight for should get you there in the end, I think you will do great! Good luck :smile:
This discussion has been closed.