weight loss slowing down

Options
2»

Replies

• JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    (please hold the bad comments on 1200 cal/day)

if you have to say that....mayyyyyyyyyyybe 1200 isnt always the answer. hmmmm?

have you calculated your tdee?
    start there.
    eat 75-80% of that.
    :smile: I ONLY say that because when some people hear the number 1200 they go bonkers. I have calculated my tdee on many different sites, all different numbers but they all hover around 1300.

LOL.. But if you know what we are going to say, why not consider that advice? It's like knowing a train is coming but not jumping out of the way. Below is a thread that you might find it beneficial. I believe in fueling your workouts. Try upping your calories to include exercise.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day
    Thanks, I looked through the thread, recalculated my bmr and all that jazz. I do eat more when I exercise...sometimes I don't eat all the exercise calories. Though what I don't understand is how is eating more calories going to help me lose weight?

Your body can release hormones that can prevent weight loss. Essentially, you will still lose fat but water will mask your loss. Or if you eat low calories for extended periods of time, then your resting metabolic rate can adapt. Also, low calorie diets can increase the chances of muscle loss.

I can also tell you I personally have seen better results at 2400-2600 calories as compared to 1800 calories when I started.
    Thanks. I don't know why I just can't get it. Lol. I do strength with every cardio workout I do. And when I work, I use LOTS of strength (massage therapist) I mostly do deep tissue. I have is a body analysis scale which shows water, BF, muscle, bone, etc. I don't normally pay much attention to the numbers from the "perks" of the scale except to see them go down. There never seems to be a jump in my water....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    (please hold the bad comments on 1200 cal/day)

if you have to say that....mayyyyyyyyyyybe 1200 isnt always the answer. hmmmm?

have you calculated your tdee?
    start there.
    eat 75-80% of that.
    :smile: I ONLY say that because when some people hear the number 1200 they go bonkers. I have calculated my tdee on many different sites, all different numbers but they all hover around 1300.

1300 for TDEE? That sounds really low to me, IMHO...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Thanks. I don't know why I just can't get it. Lol. I do strength with every cardio workout I do. And when I work, I use LOTS of strength (massage therapist) I mostly do deep tissue. I have is a body analysis scale which shows water, BF, muscle, bone, etc. I don't normally pay much attention to the numbers from the "perks" of the scale except to see them go down. There never seems to be a jump in my water....

Is your account set to lightly active or active? You have an active job and then you exercise on top of that. There is no way 1200 calories is going to be enough.
  • JagerLewis
    Options

Is your account set to lightly active or active? You have an active job and then you exercise on top of that. There is no way 1200 calories is going to be enough.
    I switch it on my on busy days and off days. Though it never changes the calories...Believe me, I've played with it.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
    Weight?
    Body fat %?
    How many days a week you exercise and duration?
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Does not seem like you're eating enough where's the Veggies and fruit.....How can you only eat a piece of salmon for lunch and nothing else I'd starve.... I couldn't eat like that for the rest of my life.Just eat normal and exercise reg and you will be where you should be.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

I switch it on my on busy days and off days. Though it never changes the calories...Believe me, I've played with it.

Do you have it set at 2 lbs per week? If so, you should change it to 1 lb per week. Also, dont switch the activity back and forth. Keep it at lightly active at least. It spreads the burns out over the week.
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    What are your stats?
    Weight?
    Body fat %?
    I'm 5' 2", 156 body fat I'm unsure of. my scale says 30.1% muscle is 37.8%. I have definite definition in my deltoids, biceps, quads, and calves. I try to work out 5 days a week 45 min to an hour. I incorporate cardio and strength.
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    Does not seem like you're eating enough where's the Veggies and fruit.....How can you only eat a piece of salmon for lunch and nothing else I'd starve.... I couldn't eat like that for the rest of my life.Just eat normal and exercise reg and you will be where you should be.
    I know I didn't eat the fruits and veggies earlier in the day, normally I have it with lunch, and a lot with dinner. I planned on having pineapple yesterday with salmon, but I really was full.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
    Weight?
    Body fat %?
    I'm 5' 2", 156 body fat I'm unsure of. my scale says 30.1% muscle is 37.8%. I have definite definition in my deltoids, biceps, quads, and calves. I try to work out 5 days a week 45 min to an hour. I incorporate cardio and strength.

I'm not sure where you got a TDEE of 1300 calories.

With these stats I just got a TDEE of 2247 and TDEE -20% of 1797.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
    Weight?
    Body fat %?

I'm not sure where you got a TDEE of 1300 calories.

With these stats I just got a TDEE of 2247 and TDEE -20% of 1797.

^This. At that level of activity, I got 1792. Even at the next activity level down it was a goal of 1589 with a TDEE of 1987.