Mad at myself...need to vent.

Options
2»

Replies

• GettingMooreInShape
    Options
    Time to start fresh!

In a month from now, you'll be so glad you started today. And in a year from now? You'll be achieving fitness and weight goals you never thought possible. The important thing is to not put it off any longer.. You have to start TODAY.

Good luck! You've done it before, you can do it again. :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and eat 2000 calories a day.

Do you think you'd be able to stick with a diet if you allowed yourself more food? For me, long term adherence is the number one most important factor. When I go "off" my diet I generally just maintain because it's not much different from when I'm "on".

I've noticed that it seems if I eat anything over 1,600 calories a day for a few days, it shows up on the scale. :ohwell: My metabolism must be outta whack.

Probably just water/glycogen weight(like the 3lbs you claim to have gained in one bad weekend).
  • Blueshoozies
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high bad cholesterol. I can live without sweets just fine, don't care about alcohol, and miss - but don't obsess over red meat ... but I dream of giant bags of Lays potato chips. Lovely, salty, crispy Lays potato chips. I'm already tinkering with the MFP food tracker to see how I can get a fix in. :(
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    I feel ya so hard! I so understand what you're going through, as I myself am in one of those downfalls. But I know everytime this happens I will just get right back up and pursue this commitment to myself. And I know you can too.
    I always thought that I fell harder off the wagon than everybody else trying to lose weight, but I realize now that EVERYONE goes through this. And as bad as you think it is for you personally, just think about how much you've accomplished that you probably never thought you could ever accomplish. It's amazing, and even though I don't know you, I can feel from your words that you'll do it and reach your goals.

Hop back on the wagon, girl! You can do it :)

Hope this helps xx
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have totally been there. It really just one day at a time. Currently, I am mentally beating myself up for not working out AGAIN. But, I DID log my food today. You are definitely not alone. I have a hard time keeping motivation for working out. A friend once told me to just lace up my sneakers and the rest will follow. I swear there are days where I think okay, I am just going to put my sneakers on and I somehow manage to get myself to the gym. I think what I mean to sy is that it is the small things and the endurance (that someone mentioned above) that gets us through these tough times. Good luck!
  • itsCheek
    itsCheek Posts: 104
    Options
    UPDATE:
    Well, it's been two weeks of counting calories and exercising and yet again, my scale spiked after this weekend (it had been stuck at 173.9 all week and this morning, 178.7). I'm replacing the GD batteries on the scale today because I need SOME sort of excuse why this is happening!! :noway:

The only thing I can think of for the lack of weight loss is
    1.) I'm eating too many carbs OR
    2.) I'm in starvation mode

I'm really confused by all of this. Earlier this year when I was loosing weight, it was so much easier! I guess it's time to start juicing juicing JUICING, and eating broccoli for dinner! I know 2-weeks isn't a lot, but usually that is when I see the greatest results (when I first start back on a diet).

On the bright side, I ran a 5K race on Friday night at 29:02! I'm posting a new topic with my review, pics and vids. Will edit this post with a link later.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Don't pay attention to spikes. Could be water retention, glycogen, undigested food, etc.