McDonalds to change name of dollar menu

pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
After a year's worth of disappointing sales, McDonald's (MCD +0.56%) has decided to try a little sleight of hand. The fast food giant's Dollar Menu will now be called the "Dollar Menu and More." As in, not everything on the menu will cost a dollar. Some items will be $2. Some even $5.

FattyGenius.gif

Replies

• bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Makes it just that much less tempting to stop and grab some fries so its perfectly okay with me!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Gah this is so friggin fascinating! So when we were hit with that little recession McDonald's was soaring! Maybe that means the economy is on the rebound if McDonald's is hurting.

Can we use McDonald's as an economic indicator?

PS-they better keep my damn breakfast burritos a $1 those things arent worth much more than that oh and the drinks my tea better stay a $1
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Makes it just that much less tempting to stop and grab some fries so its perfectly okay with me!

I'm just really curious how much these upper management guys/gals get paid and how many round table meetings they had to hold to come up with "The Dollar Menu and More"
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    I haven't been to a McDonald's since they took my "crack" off the dollar menu.
    hotnspicy.png
  • Jessica1173
    Jessica1173 Posts: 62 Member
    After a year's worth of disappointing sales, McDonald's (MCD +0.56%) has decided to try a little sleight of hand. The fast food giant's Dollar Menu will now be called the "Dollar Menu and More." As in, not everything on the menu will cost a dollar. Some items will be $2. Some even $5.

FattyGenius.gif

That is really ridiculous. The reason Mcdonalds is not that popular is that the food is just not very good. The bread on the burgeres tastes like plastic. Mcdonalds is probably the worst tasting fast food out there.
  • IPAkiller
    That is really ridiculous. The reason Mcdonalds is not that popular is that the food is just not very good. The bread on the burgeres tastes like plastic. Mcdonalds is probably the worst tasting fast food out there.

I may be boycotting Mickey D's, but I'm guessing 69million a day isn't exactly an indicator of "the worst tasting fast food out there".

"McDonald’s is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 34,000 local restaurants serving approximately 69 million people in 118 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women."
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member

FattyGenius.gif

oh. ok.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member

I may be botcotting Mickey D's, but I'm guessing 69million a day isn't exactly an indicator of "the worst tasting fast food out there".

"McDonald’s is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 34,000 local restaurants serving approximately 69 million people in 118 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women."

that's because it's ****ing delicious
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Didn't Wendy's already do that a while ago with the "Right Price, Right Size" value menu?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    hotnspicy.png

Dude!!!!!!!! I loved these things in Florida...They don't even have the Spicy McChicken on the menu here in Nebraska...Only the McChicken.
  • IPAkiller
    that's because it's ****ing delicious

Ronald+Getting+Angry.+Thumb_d19a84_3186677.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    hotnspicy.png

Dude!!!!!!!! I loved these things in Florida...They don't even have the Spicy McChicken on the menu here in Nebraska...Only the McChicken.

What no spicy chicken what kind of communist propaganda is that?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Gah this is so friggin fascinating! So when we were hit with that little recession McDonald's was soaring! Maybe that means the economy is on the rebound if McDonald's is hurting.

Can we use McDonald's as an economic indicator?

PS-they better keep my damn breakfast burritos a $1 those things arent worth much more than that oh and the drinks my tea better stay a $1

When I was in college (1995-1999) those lil breakfast burritos were like $1.49-1.79. They've never been worth over $1. One of the few things that has actually gone down in price, and even though I don't eat them now because I don't eat sausage...I agree they should stay that price!
  • IPAkiller

I seriously think there's crack in them. The day I rolled through the drive-thru, said, "5 spicy chickens please" and got the reponce, "Sir, that item is no longer on the dollar menu."... I screamed into the vented mike and drove straight out the exit! Taco Bell did the same damn thing to me years ago with the execution of the Beef and Potatoe Burrito. Never been back since.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member

I seriously think there's crack in them. The day I rolled through the drive-thru, said, "5 spicy chickens please" and got the reponce, "Sir, that item is no longer on the dollar menu."... I screamed into the vented mike and drove straight out the exit! Taco Bell did the same damn thing to me years ago with the execution of the Beef and Potatoe Burrito. Never been back since.

After all of this talk I think I would order three if it was on the 5 dollar menu....With some honey mustard...Dang I'm hungry...

And yes the wikipedia page for the McChicken confirms the spicy variant is a regional item.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    hotnspicy.png

This would be amazing to make a McDouble Down with...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Our equivelant here is the Pound Saver menu. Very few things on it are actually £1 or less.
  • IPAkiller
    hotnspicy.png

This would be amazing to make a McDouble Down with...

284026.gif
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293

:laugh: This made me laugh so hard. It reminds me of how upset I was when they took them off the menu here.
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member

What part of Nebraska are you in?? They have it where I'm from!