It feels good to have ENERGY!

Options
Let me start by telling you how my typical weekday goes. I get up somewhere between 4:45 and 5 A.M. Monday-Friday and am out the door headed to the gym by 5:15. I drive 45 minutes to the gym down the road from where I work. I do my morning workout, work 8-9 hours and then sit in traffic for an hour or more after I get off work. Not usually getting home till after 7.

Last night was a normal day except I had dinner plans. I came home, changed my clothes and out the door again within 10 minutes. I got home last night, unpacked and re packed my gym bag and then did some laundry and other random things around the house. My Mom and Dad were laying on the couch and my Mom comes into the kitchen as she's getting coffee ready for the morning, looking exhausted. She looks at me and says "I don't know how you do this everyday. Get up so early, go to the gym, work and then come home and leave again to go spend time with your friends". This coming from a woman who doesn't have a full time job. She sells Mary Kay. Granted, in the summertime she watches my 7 year old niece all day. I looked at her and replied "I mean this in the most loving way Mom, but it just goes to show how much better you feel and how much more energy you have when you eat right and get some kind of exercise all day". She looked at me stunned by my response and was speechless. All she could say was "You know what, your right". And I left the kitchen.

After my conversation with my Mom I remembered how before I made this lifestyle change I lived down the road from where I worked, had a job where all I did was answer phone calls all day and yet I would come home exhausted after work and fall asleep on the couch within an hour. Just goes to show how much better you feel physically and emotionally when you eat right and exercise. Just thought I would share my little story with everybody. Hope you all have a fabulous day! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh how true, thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou: You are setting a good example for your family!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, I know I couldnt have said it any better than you did!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Jess, you hit the nail on the head..a little exercise and eating right give you the right kinda energy...wishing you the best on your journey. You might even inspire the one you live with the same way you've inspired us. Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laila! My Mom actually had lost 20 or 30 pounds last year just by changing her eating habits. Unfortunately she is starting to fall back into the bad ways of eating again. So she was excited for me to move in and change the way they eat. Once I get everything unpacked and finished with this whole move were gonna start going for walks or some type of exercise at night to get her up. She made me really think about it last night when she pointed it out to me.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Can you share some of your energy with me? lol. I do the working out and eating right, but I do it while being so exhausted and walking around like a zombie. lol
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laila! My Mom actually had lost 20 or 30 pounds last year just by changing her eating habits. Unfortunately she is starting to fall back into the bad ways of eating again. So she was excited for me to move in and change the way they eat. Once I get everything unpacked and finished with this whole move were gonna start going for walks or some type of exercise at night to get her up. She made me really think about it last night when she pointed it out to me.

Sounds like you have a plan. It's great to have a buddy system especially living within the same home. it helps you out during those times when you want to eat those not-so-good meals.

Congrats to your momma for losing 20+ pounds:flowerforyou: ...keep up the great work!