Focked at Carl's Jr

Had a dentist appointment this morning so I skipped breakfast. After my appointment I stopped at Carl's Jr. to grab a breakfast burrito as I have done many times in the past (before MFP). Had to change plans because the nutrition menu showed my favorite burrito at over 640 calories... whohhh, easy fella... time to regroup.

Wisely, I switiched to the lowest-cal sandwich I could find on the menu; the Bacon Egg & Cheese biscuit which is still outrageous at 480 calories but figured "oh well, I don't do this but once in a blue moon". That's when I heard the ominous phrase that I've heard a thousand times before and have been programed to respond to - in slow motion - "Would you like Fries with that" but instead of "fries" it was "hashbrown nuggets". FOCK YEAH I want some hashbrown nuggets... but make it a small please! I did a quick look at the nutrition menu above the stinky garbage can to confirm and read in the first column about 100 calories... why not!

Only there's one problem... when I got back to work and logged by delicious-yet-sinful breakfast I noticed those delicious tiny tater discs were really 350 calories for the handful! That put my breakfast at 830 calories... FOCK! Should have ordered the darn steak burrito after all! Add that to my 100 calories yogurt that I used to tide me over until after the appointment and that's 930 calories for a breakfast that wasn't as good as it was greasy. Normally, I'm cracking in 2 fried eggs and a slice of low-cal bread every morning for 245 calories so this was quite a blow.

How would you deal with a Carls Jr meltdown?

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Nothing you can do about it now, right? Now you know for the next time. It's all about learning as we go.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Relax, tomorrow is a new day. If you really feel the need, go for a jog/walk/swim, etc. later to ease/erase the impact.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    I get a turkey burger without cheese, no fries for breakfast sometimes. Not much over 400 calories and really good. Carl's Jr. is one of my go-to fast food places.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    I did that a few months ago with a small shake from Sonic. 750 some calories later...

No worries, I didn't explode or gain 10 lbs or anything. Just don't do it again. :-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Meet_The_Fockers_a_l.jpg
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Skip lunch. then you can divide the breakfast calories between breakfast and lunch. And do some exercise
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Do not panic.
    One meal, one day will NOT wreck your achievement of your goal weight.
    It may even "jar loose a pound" or so by shocking your metabolism.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Do not panic.

I dunno, as hard as I try I can't shock my metabolism no matter how dirty I talk to it. mine must be broken.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Do not panic.

This happened to me this week!! I had a run in with some mac and cheese (almost a whole box!) and I woke up to a one pound loss.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    We don't have Carl's here in Virginia, we have Hardees but it's the same thing. I would have ordered a bacon and egg biscuit without the biscuit or something along those lines. Sometimes I allow myself a steak biscuit..
  • janisbirch
    janisbirch Posts: 51 Member
    I was at Carl's Jr.'s last week for lunch. I was able to get the Turkey Jalapeno Burger without the bun. Instead they wrapped it in lettuce. I found that the lettuce didn't sit too well in my stomach and I was only able to eat 1/3 of the turkey.

Next time you may want to not eat any of the bread, definitely skip anything with potatoes. Bread is going to stretch out your stomach anyway. It's something to avoid; at least that's what my Bariatric Surgeon stressed in all my meetings and Pre-Op appointment.

Just a thought.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

Bread is going to stretch out your stomach anyway.

What?
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Sounds like a learning lesson to me. My guess is you're not likely to go there again after that experience.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member

Bread is going to stretch out your stomach anyway.

What?

She said something about bariatric surgery so I am guessing she's coming from somewhere other than the majority will be coming from.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    I did that a few months ago with a small shake from Sonic. 750 some calories later...

No worries, I didn't explode or gain 10 lbs or anything. Just don't do it again. :-)

Wendy's has a Jr Frosty for around 200 :-)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    ummm fit it into my day and move on ..

as long as you are in calorie deficit for the day, no need to panic...

so chill out, enjoy the carls jr, and move on ...
  • ndj1979
    Do not panic.

eating carls jr is not going to shock anything....except maybe a bowel movement...

you can't "shock", "jumpstart", "trick" or do any other such thing to metabolism.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Do not panic.

I dunno, as hard as I try I can't shock my metabolism no matter how dirty I talk to it. mine must be broken.

I use one of those taser things the cops use.

Gives me a real boost.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    I would just take it as a lesson learned and move on.
    I have to attend meetings every Tuesday in our National Office and pass every time at the only Carl's Jr. in a very touristy area of this town. For month now they have several posters in the window advertising a burger that has among other things SIX slices of bacon. I don't know if it is poorly photographed, but it looks gross dripping with fat . It is the 100% guarantee that I will never set foot in there. They offer other burgers and they also don't look very inviting....yet, tour buses stop there for lunch several times a day.....:o).
    If for some reason I would have no other choice but eat there, I would chose what I like so I could at least enjoy it. I would not worry about the calories. Of course that is easy to say, since I have never really gone over my calories, except for maybe 50...lol.
  • ndj1979
    Do not panic.

I use one of those taser things the cops use.

Gives me a real boost.

you can alway hook up jumper cables from your mouth to someones stomach..works every time..