Hello all.

Options
Hello all, it's a tough road to the health but we all should fight and never give up. A year ago I made another great change on my life and quit smoking after 10 filthy years. Unlike that this time the begining is the easy part and the after part is getting harder and harder I know i've been to the same path several times. But now I feel changed I'm 26 and my MAIN GOAL is to be a healthy man when I step into the 30s. The main thing is to be motivated 24/7 and to be supported all the time. So hello my name is Ilias I'm a greek and I'm fat :D On 22nd of October I started once again the tough road to weight loss, my new method is to talk the weight out of me I've created a blog in which i share thoughts, workouts, weights, and meals in order to keep a journal and try to inspire others in the process. I'm really conviced that i'll make my goals and become a healthy man once again.

Thanks for your time all.
If you like to pay a visit on my blog the link is http://nonstopeffort.blogspot.com/

Guys never stop fighting.

Replies

• FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hey, there -- GREAT for you for coming to this realization and taking steps to improve your life! I wish I had been so dedicated back when I was your age!!! (But better late than never, right??)

Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing.
  • sandyshaw66
    sandyshaw66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yasou Ilias, I don't really know much about this website but started using it to see what the food I was eating actually contained as I am a bit obsessed with losing my last 4 kilos but get stuck at 60kg every time then bounce around this weight continuously which is not the end of the world but I am only 5ft 1in so I'm a shorty and the 5kgs is noticeable.
    I replied to your post because I saw the thing about smoking and the Greek comment as my husband is Greek and I love all the bread and dips etc so that is hard to give up when you are losing weight. I gave up five years ago and have not had one puff - only because I know that if I do I will smoke again. I didn't struggle wit weight before giving up smoking but I was 42 when I stopped and I started at 12 so my body had learned to process everything with drugs in my system for 30 years, boy did I get a big shock.
    What I wanted to tell you is that living without cigarettes was one of the hardest things I have ever done but once you have gone through the first six months all of a sudden it's two years then three, it just flies past and the health benefits are amazing, I have never felt so healthy and my skin no longer looks yellow in photos so hang in there and remind yourself every day how nice you smell (no stinky smoke on your clothes or hair), how much better you feel and how much improvement your body is having on the inside. It's amazing how fast we can repair ourselves internally.
    I have done a few experiments over the last five years with food and can honestly say that the exercise doesn't really do that much, it's good for energy, it gives you endorphin's which make you feel better and I think you should do something every day, even just walk around the block twice, but the big and only secret to weight loss is what you put into your mouth. If you stick to the calories they give you but only eat healthy unprocessed food take sugary stuff out of your diet, potato chips etc and limit the amount of carbs (good carbs - pumpkin, sweet potato, corn etc) you will see weight drop off, the big thing that is really hard is that you crave foods you feel you can't eat so make sure you have things in the cupboard that you can grab but weigh everything and record so you can see what you are doing. I always have a hard boiled egg in the fridge, some Camembert cheese, make some egg white based muffins with veges in them, freeze them and if you have a craving heat it up and put something on top like smoked salmon or even ketchup to make your cravings go away. I also eat chewing gum and that really helps or I brush my teeth as a distraction or I go out and do something in the garden to get my mind off food.
    Bit of a long rave but I really hope you have great success. Sandra :)
  • greekfatty
    Options
    Hello FrauHaas thanks for your support, it's never late when it comes to health right ? :D but better now than later.

Γεια σου sandy :smile: To be honest I gained some pounds when I quit smoking because I was trying to replace my need for nicotine with eating. But now I'm really cool with it, the first 2 months was really hard, I had nightmares about smokin again in that time. You know greeks eats breat in every meal it's like nececery I'll try to eat less bread cause(Oh that's gonna be hard) it's really bad when you try to control your calories intake. Even though I'm obese I'm not completly out of shape I cycle and I walk a lot, so I'll try to do it just more often and more intense. I'll try to follow your very usefull tips. Thanks for your comments and for your support. :flowerforyou:
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like (as can any one else). I quit smoking a year and a half go after smoking for 30 years, glad you made the decision earlier than I did, I wish I ad done that! Any way, feel free to look over my profile and send me a friend invite if you want to.

Either way, take care and all the best in reaching your goals!!
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've added you. Anyone else feel free to add me.