My First Half Marathon

Options
If my future self appeared before me a year ago and said "you'll be running 13.1 miles in the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco on October 2013" I'd bust out laughing and say "you got the wrong person!"

But I did run 13.1 miles on October 20 in San Francisco for Nike Women's Marathon and I got my finisher shirt and my Tiffany necklace and got to meet Olympian marathoners and gained new friends! Out of 30,000 participants, I placed 26,070 and it's aaaaaaaallllll good!

Yes my legs are hurting and I may have to walk like a zombie for a couple if days but all this pain is so worth it because I gained another notch in my accomplishment belt! First half marathon down and looking forward to more! Watch out Spartan Race -- you're next!

At the Nike Expotique, we got to meet Adam and Kara Goucher. I also got to meet awesome folks from Weeple Army (https://www.facebook.com/WeepleArmy) which is now I'm a proud member of!

b5c580e0-7d70-40cc-b4cf-b5d3c00ef0e8_zps3801637d.jpg

Any finisher gets a Tiffany necklace and they were presented by San Francisco's best and bravest firefighters dressed in tuxedos. Not a bad prize at the end of the race!

2a196a57-7085-40b3-9ad1-f49b58bd661a_zps078b20c4.jpg

Here's my pretty medal which I will wear proudly as I reminder of how I accomplished a feat that I thought I would never ever get to do in my lifetime.

6cdb863e-3f7b-43d2-ae7e-64764b445068_zpsea00f199.jpg

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and your half-marathon finish!
    What a difference a year makes!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I will be running my second half marathon in January in Disneyland! WTG on the weight loss!
  • kvanderbeek1
    kvanderbeek1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'll be running my first on November 10th in Puerto Rico. I'm not near ready, due to a recent surgery so I'm a little nervous because of that. Keep running!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!