how to "fix" your metabolism

Options
for the past 2 years (this is insane, i know) i've been eating anywhere between 800-1300 calories a day.. and believe it or not i havent lost any weight in months! i always do cardio but i just started lifting and i want to start eating more and get my metabolism faster as i know ive done a lot of damage to it the past 2 years.. so what can i do without gaining a lot of weight back?

Replies

• gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    for the past 2 years (this is insane, i know) i've been eating anywhere between 800-1300 calories a day.. and believe it or not i havent lost any weight in months! i always do cardio but i just started lifting and i want to start eating more and get my metabolism faster as i know ive done a lot of damage to it the past 2 years.. so what can i do without gaining a lot of weight back?

Get your BMR tested in one of those bodpods so you actually have an idea whether it is slower then average. Also get a blood test to check for deficiencies and then go from there. Also consider a therapist to help you with your issues regarding your weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Build Muscle

More muscle means more calories burnt at rest. It takes a while for women to add muscle. So eating at a surplus + weight training for awhile will help.

I think you will probably gain a little bit of your weight lost back, but don't let that discourage you. Once your eating a higher amount to maintain, a small cut (250-500) should take whatever gain you had back off. You also might want to read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1071202-why-you-gain-weight-if-you-eat-more-than-your-cut?hl=why+you+gain

edit: If that's you in your profile pic, then I honestly think you don't really need to lose any more weight. If you aren't happy with the way you look, then my uneducated guess would be that lifting weights is what is going to get you to your desired body regardless of what the scale says.