Body is morphing....but looking strange

Options
Even though I've lost 13.2 Lbs and been doing a mix of cardio and strength training, my body seems to be taking on a strange shape. I wonder if this is normal. I can only assume that some areas respond to the weight loss and strength training faster than others, thus the "odd" shape. I'm really hoping it all comes together in time.

Started programme: 31 August 2013
Start weight: 163.2 Lbs
Current weight: 150 Lbs
Height: 165cm (5'4.5")

Any ideas.

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    That's normal. Unfortunately we can't choose where we lose weight.

currently my shoulders, and upper along with my legs are looking great. The flab around my middle and on my butt, not so great.

Just keep working at it.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "odd"?
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

Yeah, this.....?
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have this weird belly with the sides caved in, but been here before and it evens out lol hang in there
  • i1984
    i1984 Posts: 27
    Options
    If their is one thing my journey as shown me, is that losing weight is ugly. I can promise you that if you continue doing it, you will love the results.
  • gemheath2010
    gemheath2010 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep I can totally relate to this - my mid section is looking a little strange at the moment
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options

Bulges seem more pronounced on my hips. I'm thinking this could be because I've lost weight on my thighs.

Flab on back seems flabbier.

Tummy fat is softer and looks a little like something that is melting and is starting to hang.

Horrible fatty deposits just above my knee caps.

Waist is getting a lovely shape and my butt is awesome!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I think we become 'fat anorexics', even though we know we've lost weight all we see in the mirror is fat, or that's what our eyes notice most
  • CarynMacD
    Options
    If their is one thing my journey as shown me, is that losing weight is ugly. I can promise you that if you continue doing it, you will love the results.

I quite agree. When I was larger, everything seemed to be large but in proportion. Now the proportions are out of sync. You comment gives me hope. :smooched:
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I think most of us go through this. Popular wisdom says though that at one point the proportions will sort themselves out and everything will be good again :) I'm still waiting for that magic moment, but admittedly I'm on my way there - I'm nowhere near as out of whack as I was about 5 pounds ago!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    yeah we all tend to lose it in different areas, can't stress enough the importance of pics to keep you motivated. This goes for all just starting their journey too
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im looking 'strange' too! Arms/legs good, middle bit (hip/tummy area) not so good!! Im glad to know Im not the only one;)
  • CarynMacD
    Options
    yeah we all tend to lose it in different areas, can't stress enough the importance of pics to keep you motivated. This goes for all just starting their journey too

Right! I'm going to doll myself up and get Mr MacHottiePants to take some pics. I need to SEE what I don't see, but others see.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I noticed that as one part visibly improves and gets firmer that surrounding parts that use to look OK start to look pretty doughy in comparison. And feel doughy in comparison. And let's not even throw water fluctuations into the equation - the other day I looked ready to give birth.
  • CarynMacD
    Options
    I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It's not just you.
    I lost 6 inches of my waist very quickly, which was welcome, but my thighs are still the almost same as far as I can see (& measure). I've just concluded that my body doesn't shed the fat evenly at the same pace all over. Hoping in the end it'll all be ok. :drinker:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I think I understand what you mean. My upper body is considerably more narrow than my lower body right now due to where the weight is coming off first, but I think it will even out eventually.
  • CarynMacD
    Options
    NORMAL!

My boobs and butt were the first to go leaving me with a potbellied look!

THe pot belly is going down now...but it was akward for a while lol

Yes especially when it disgracefully flops over your jeans like a runny marshmallow. :blushing:
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    NORMAL!

My boobs and butt were the first to go leaving me with a potbellied look!

THe pot belly is going down now...but it was akward for a while lol

Yes especially when it disgracefully flops over your jeans like a runny marshmallow. :blushing:

Lol!