Yoga friends

Options
Just started doing Yoga and finding it really beneficial. Thinking of swapping my PowerPump classes for yoga, as it makes me feel so much better. Any advice?

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel, "so much better", my advice is "go for it!" - but be warned - I'm biased because yoga makes me feel "so much better!"
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel good.

I like to have quite a holistic exercise regime... a bit of running and cycling for CV fitness, a bit of lifting for strength, I swim when I fancy something non-impact... and I also do yoga (Ashtanga and Bikram). There are many different forms of yoga which are all quite different. I've tried a wide range and stuck with those I like the most. :flowerforyou:
  • perfectflightisbeingthere
    Options
    I agree, I come and go with yoga and mix it in with regular running and less frequent weights. Agree with the advice that there are lots of different yoga schools - if you find a teacher whose style you like then stick with it. Not a great fan of Bikram myself, I prefer my own body heat and personally think I risk injury if I'm pushing too hard in a hot room, but each to their own! Having said which I like the routine in Bikram and often use it in my personal practice, just without the heaters!

Yoga makes me feel good, if it does the same for you then go for it!!