CLEAN EATING? JOIN ME

Options
Hi!

Im trying to do this clean eating thingy... Anyone else do it and want to be friends!? Add me :)

I have a nice group of supportive MFP Friends already im just looking for like-minded attempting clean eating people to steer me in the right direction as im new to it all!

Lots of Love
Jodie x

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    do you power wash or laundry wash your food..?

I prefer the power wash method, as when I laundry wash my food I am picking food out of the washer for weeks...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I wash all my vegetables and fruits before eating them!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sending request now!

I'm not a 100% clean eater, but I'm a million times better than before when all I ate was pre-packaged and processed. Be prepared to get a lot of sarcasm in regards to clean eating on the forums, but if you can handle it, then have atter!
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodie,

I'm just starting my food diary today (on here)...I eat pretty clean...whole foods anyway...depending on what definition is used :). Feel free to add me (and anyone else that's eating "real" food).

Cheers!:)
  • faradaysdream
    Options
    Yes, why is that? Shouldn't we all be supportive of whatever people are doing as long as they're trying to better themselves? I don't get it...:(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi. First. Ignore the many many many snarky comments you're going to get. Something about the phrase clean eating seems to make lots of folks here apoplectic, irrational and snarky.

Something about the name. They can't get past it. But "lifting heavy" is fine to most of them.

I eat primarily whole foods. I don't eat many packaged convenience foods, I don't eat many fast foods, I don't eat foods with much added sugar, and no frankensugars, andI aim to choose the more nutritious options with the fewest unnecessary ingredients and fewest adulterations. (especially in my breads)

Feel free to add me.

Also there are a few groups you can join if you'd like to see posts by some folks with the same goals, without sifting through all the laundry posts. cheers
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It's really tough to sustain "clean eating" for any length of time. It's important you understand that it's not necessary for health and weight loss. If you start to find it difficult or you eventually give in to your desires and eat some "unclean" food, please realize that's not a failure. What's important for your weight loss is to hit your calorie goal, not how clean your food is.

A lot of people dislike "clean eating" because it demonizes foods that are perfectly healthy and sets people up for failure when they eat something unclean.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's really tough to sustain "clean eating" for any length of time. It's important you understand that it's not necessary for health and weight loss. If you start to find it difficult or you eventually give in to your desires and eat some "unclean" food, please realize that's not a failure. What's important for your weight loss is to hit your calorie goal, not how clean your food is.
    WOW Great post jonny. Seriously. I mean it.
    I'm not sure I agree about the health part, but great job.
  • poemgyrl
    poemgyrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i want to try clean eating. i can only do it until thanksigving but then well, i have to skip thanksigivng and get back on eating clean after that until xmas LOL. cant miss my aunts yummy meal! but i think this would really help me lose a few extra over the next few weeks
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    WOW Great post jonny. Seriously. I mean it.
    I'm not sure I agree about the health part, but great job.

Your health markers are more heavily impacted by your body composition, weight, etc. rather then food selection.
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

A lot of people dislike "clean eating" because it demonizes foods that are perfectly healthy and sets people up for failure when they eat something unclean.

^ Nicely put, makes real sense :smile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    No
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    No

qft
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Exactly. Because you don't want this scene to happen,

qKSa2PU.gif

Yes it is extreme and has a rather mocking tone, but this is the unnecessarily dramatic situation I can sometimes end up in when I try to go to such extremes by limiting myself when it comes to food instead of just taking the sensible route of moderation.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i want to try clean eating. i can only do it until thanksigving but then well, i have to skip thanksigivng and get back on eating clean after that until xmas LOL. cant miss my aunts yummy meal! but i think this would really help me lose a few extra over the next few weeks
    clean eating will not help you lose weight faster..

Eating in a calorie deficit will lead to weight loss.

So if you want to lose weight, create a 500 cal per day deficit and maintain it over the long term...and you can still have you thanksgiving and xmas blow out...
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

What is it about your aunt's Thanksgiving dinner that isn't "clean?" Just curious, because if you ate at my house it would be pretty sparkling "clean." I can't think of one thing I'm serving that's not "clean," but I guess it depends on the definition. :smile:
  • faradaysdream
    Options
    I'm fat and I eat clean. You can eat too much of a good thing :)

Eating clean has never been about losing weight for me...it's about avoiding all the unnecessary things that they put in food. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis...which is directly caused by environmental food choices...I try to put things that are as unprocessed as possible into my stomach now...as a means to control my sickness...

And no, I don't think eating clean is unstainable...It's definitely more challenging than eating processed, but it's a lifestyle choice...you just make most things yourself instead of picking up it in the deli. :)
  • jonnythan
    Options

What is it about your aunt's Thanksgiving dinner that isn't "clean?" Just curious, because if you ate at my house it would be pretty sparkling "clean." I can't think of one thing I'm serving that's not "clean," but I guess it depends on the definition. :smile:

Just thinking back to my family's Thanksgiving dinners.... candied yams made with sugar, marshmallows, canned cranberry sauce, pies made with sugar, mac&cheese made with regular pasta and evaporated milk with preservatives, etc etc.
  • Abztagoatem
    Options
    do you power wash or laundry wash your food..?

I prefer the power wash method, as when I laundry wash my food I am picking food out of the washer for weeks...

Lmao
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis...which is directly caused by environmental food choices...

More like "hypothesized to be partly caused by environmental food choices." There are apparently a number of other factors and the food choices thing is not proven.