Big FAT dinner dates!

Options
bigkissesxxxx
bigkissesxxxx Posts: 4
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
My other half is taking me to dinner at the end of the month and I am terrified I will fall off of the wagon.....yet again! Both me and my partner love food and im scared I might take it to far, eat to much feel fat and give up again. Does anyone have any tips on how to stay focused and in control? How to not feel so guilty for having one night off?

Thanks everyone!

Please feel free to add me

Donna x

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead,

If you know where you are going, then see if you can get your meal planned ahead, so you can enter the info into your diary.....
    Then you can plan your food intake for the whole day....and still stay within your goals.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    My other half is taking me to dinner at the end of the month and I am terrified I will fall off of the wagon.....yet again! Both me and my partner love food and im scared I might take it to far, eat to much feel fat and give up again. Does anyone have any tips on how to stay focused and in control? How to not feel so guilty for having one night off?

Thanks everyone!

Please feel free to add me

Donna x

Come to terms with this on your own, this is like asking random people how you should feel today...

I get that you are looking for people to tell you that it is okay, and it is okay. I go out for dinner all the time 2-3 times a week at least and I have no issues finding healthy options on almost any menu. I think we walked out of 1 place once but it was because the service was horrible.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    don't go out? why are you going out, if this is going to stress you out so much? if your OH wants to do something nice for you, how about a movie? show? comedy club with *a* drink?
  • faradaysdream
    faradaysdream Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you're "dieting" you will look at fat loss as having an end...hopefully you look at this as a lifestyle, a life long aspiration. If you can't enjoy you're lifestyle, you won't stick with it. Personally, I would keep on track (whatever that means to you) as much as possible until that dinner night...and honestly...I would enjoy that night out! Order a glass of wine, share dessert with your husband! And...the next day, continue on with your healthier eating. Don't continually deprive yourself or you won't want to continue with it.

I'm just starting out on this journey...but I realise why I have failed in the past...

Just my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.