C25K? Want to start running.

2»

Replies

• julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    I just got the 5K runner ad last night. It's free and I like the prompts it gives you so you know when to start/stop running. You can also play your own music through it on your iphone etc.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    I did the RunDouble program of C25K. Week 5 day 3 was the first day in my life I had ever ran a mile... and I ran two straight. I was pretty proud of myself. I'm now on the bridge to a 10k and from there hopefully a half.

It worked for me. I loved it. My advice to you is just to RUN SLOW. Run to where you can't run any slower... and then run even slower. Do that and the program and you will be kicking butt in no time at your first 5k.
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks, I completed my second day of the first week yesterday bit of a struggle but that was because I kept adding 10 seconds on to my run time, that began to wear me out but I conquered it!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Seems to work well for some but not for me. I took a different route and now I'm a decent runner. Find what works for you and stick with it
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Seems to work well for some but not for me. I took a different route and now I'm a decent runner. Find what works for you and stick with it

If it didn't work for you, what way did you take to become a runner?