Discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    If your senior prom is in June of 2014, you are probably too young to be on this site. You are still developing and need more calories. You should see your doctor to see what is healthy for a girl your age.

glad i'm not the only one who caught the senior prom is NEXT june comment. i also never thought i would think this but (deep breath) i'll say it. the fact that she is just got off birth control and is a junior in high school shocks me. damn i'm getting old.

I took birth control to help regulate my menstrual cycle. I'm not at all sexually active (I have a purity ring!) so it shouldn't worry you. As far as me being a senior (not junior, I graduate next year) goes, several seniors are eighteen, it's not a rarity!

i have to say thank you for responding - most would not have replied back. guess being 18 at the beginning of your senior year is a rarity to me - gosh i had just turned 18 when i graduated. and yes i am getting old.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I looked at several days of your diary. It looks like you eat a lot of sugary foods. Try eating more fruites and vegetables and lean meats like chicken.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Peanut butters not the best source of protein. Tuna, chicken, steak, eggs are better.
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I looked at several days of your diary. It looks like you eat a lot of sugary foods. Try eating more fruites and vegetables and lean meats like chicken.

Yepp, I have to say I'm very guilty of this. It's my biggest obstacle.
  • Fragilebird24
    Options
    Peanut butters not the best source of protein. Tuna, chicken, steak, eggs are better.

Thanks for the advice!
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Your hormones being off (like going off of birth control) can affect hunger (in my experience).

Try to drink water before meals so you can tell if you are really hungry or not. And if you still are- eat. I'm not saying you are too young to be here- but you ARE still developing. Good luck! And nice work on the purity ring and commitment. :) That IS a rarity and you deserve praise for sticking to your guns!
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but here in Minnesota, if anyone tells me they start to get super hungry for sugary carbs in October, I immediately think of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I've struggled with it since high school myself. Once the days start to get shorter in Sept/Oct, I get extra tired, and extra hungry and just want to lie in bed and eat sugar. Is this a possibility?
  • Fragilebird24
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but here in Minnesota, if anyone tells me they start to get super hungry for sugary carbs in October, I immediately think of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I've struggled with it since high school myself. Once the days start to get shorter in Sept/Oct, I get extra tired, and extra hungry and just want to lie in bed and eat sugar. Is this a possibility?

Definitely!
  • Fragilebird24
    Options
    Your hormones being off (like going off of birth control) can affect hunger (in my experience).

Try to drink water before meals so you can tell if you are really hungry or not. And if you still are- eat. I'm not saying you are too young to be here- but you ARE still developing. Good luck! And nice work on the purity ring and commitment. :) That IS a rarity and you deserve praise for sticking to your guns!

Thanks! :smile: