planning meals

Options
Does anyone plan out there meals for the week? Does it help to know what you'll be eating all week? I'm thinking of trying to plan my meals out for a week to see if it helps out any, I sometimes think I'm eating something good then find out it about 200 more calories then I thought. If I planned out my meals ahead then I wouldn't ran into this right?

Replies

• mrshamm
    mrshamm Posts: 62
    Options
    Does anyone plan out there meals for the week? Does it help to know what you'll be eating all week? I'm thinking of trying to plan my meals out for a week to see if it helps out any, I sometimes think I'm eating something good then find out it about 200 more calories then I thought. If I planned out my meals ahead then I wouldn't ran into this right?
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals out a month at a time. I just joined this website a couple of weeks ago so I didn't plan meals quite as healthy as I should have but I will next month. I find it helps with the grocery bill because I know what I am going to need for the next two weeks of groceries when I go instead of just randomly buying things. It also makes things easier when I already know what I will be cooking that night or if I have to get the slow cocker going in the morning. It's a lot better then frantically trying to find something to make for supper when the kids are cranky and hungry because I can do a little hear and there, like chopping up the vegggies, throughout the day.
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals every two weeks. It really helps it takes me about an hour of surfing the net for new healthy receipes that my family will eat.It helps with the grocery bill and it makes things easier for the week.:glasses: There are all kind of websites to help you with a list
  • arejay
    arejay Posts: 4
    Options
    Planning meals out before is definitely a good thing to do. By planning ahead of time you will know exactly what to buy at the store without buying random food. Also you'll be more motivated to stick to your diet without cheating. What I suggest doing is also making meals ahead of time as well, this way if you have a busy schedule you can just pop one in the microwave, eat, then go. I'm a college student so this works out great for me when i have to eat between classes.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I plan my meals a week in advance, then make a grocery list of exactly what I need. I do the best I can to not impulse buy, but sometimes there will be something on sale and I'll buy that. I try to add something new in every couple of weeks too, so I don't get sick of the same meals over and over again. So far, so good! Best of luck!
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    I grocery shop every Saturday morning, so I plan what meals I will make (not a specific day like meatloaf on Tuesday), but that way I have everything on hand. The night before, or that morning I plan what we will have for dinner, enter that onto the food diary on this website, then plan my breakfast, lunch and snacks from there.

Helps to keep the grocery bill down too.