C25K 9 week program

Options
2»

Replies

• Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    Congats Kidakiwi04!

It's hard, I know. The second week is better. I'll let you know how the third week goes...:-)
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Ok...didn't get to do my Week 3 Day 1 yesterday. I hate when you are in traffic for an hour...then grocery store...then family wanting to chat...by the time I had time to myself...it was 8pm. So today is a 'ME' day. I'm tired today but I think it's because I am use to doing something every day or at least every other day.

Tired but looking forward to sweating! :-)
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Finished Week 3 Day 1....go me! My calves were a little stiff at first. I need to stretch before and after a run. Next one is on Friday..then Sunday. I didn't exercise for two days and felt horrible.

Good luck everyone!

Also there is another blog for the C25K..it's called

**Who wants to start the C25K with me on August 23????**

I am flip flopping back and forth.
  • Keemeri
    Options
    I am doing Week 3 Day 2 today....woohoo! Truckin along. I can't wait til I get to Week 5...lil more than half way through.

Tomorrow I am riding my rode bike in the am and rewarding my efforts with TCBY...then Sunday will be Week 3 Day 3.

Tuesday will start Week 4!

***Staying focused***:bigsmile:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I had a 1 week setback. Didnt get to do much exercising while in Colorado Springs. so I started over week 5 on Wed. tonight is my wk 5 day 2. Two 8 min runs tonight. :}
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    I just completed wk 5 Day 3 20 min run. NO WALKING!! Im so excited. I cant believe I did it.
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Congrats Mcope! Wow...8 min runs...I can't even imagine!

I just finished Week 3. Week 4 starts tomorrow..grrr. If I don't feel like I'm running smooth enough, I may repeat Week 3.

I had a day off today, so it was nice to run/walk during the morning hours.

I need to stay motivated and focus! How many days does the Iphone app have you run...everyday or every other day? The program I am on is every other day.

How many calories is everyone sticking to while exercising? It seems most are above the 1200 mark.

Good luck everyone! Will let you know how Week 4 Day 1 goes.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    When Im on my regualr schedule I run MWF I still exercise the other days but no running. Usually I cycle, swim or lift weights. I got off track and am currently in a transition week. so I can get back on MWF. This week Ill run Week 6 on T, TH, S and Rest on Sunday then go to week 7 on Monday.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    I gotta say anyone that is thinking about the runs that are coming, DON'T!

I was and it was freaking me out thinking about upcoming runs that were longer or just long ones. Im in the middle of Week 7 right now. No more short interrupted runs with walks in between just long ones. This week its 25 min and I was really freaking out about it. If you have done the runs leading up to this you should be ok. They are hard but I am able to do it. The key once you hit this level is to pace yourself. It sounds easy to say it and I had lots of people tell me to pace myself but its different when your running it.

I cant believe I'm 2 weeks from the end. So close!

Don't stop keep going!!!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Im in Week 8. Today is supposed to be my Week 8 Day 2 run. I have a Race on Sat so Im thinking about just taking it easy on my run tonight.
  • Keemeri
    Options
    Congrats Mcope! I have been lazy with the running but I have started riding my road bike again since the weather is getting easier to handle. I hope to ride 3 days a week and then alternate the walk/run between. I would like to do the Rocketchix triathlon in the Spring. Trying to talk some friends in joining me.

Good luck this weekend!