Potluck - Protien Suggestions (Chicken or Fish)

Options
viglet
viglet Posts: 299 Member
I have a potluck at work tomorrow (last minute planning) and I have been asked to bring in a protien dish.

Luckily most of us in the office are health conscience so the healthier the better!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have a potluck at work tomorrow (last minute planning) and I have been asked to bring in a protien dish.

Luckily most of us in the office are health conscience so the healthier the better!!!

Sezchuan pulled chicken dumplings in chili oil
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I recently did a lunch potluck at work and brought pulled pork that I cooked in a crockpot and tossed with BBQ sauce. Would work with chicken too.

Also, could do a chicken chili in the crockpot.

I am a big fan of crockpot cooking for potlucks!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I think chicken or pork dropped in a crockpot with some seasonings and you are good to go!!
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Pork is unfortunately out of the question because a lot of my coworkers are Muslim.

I think I am going to make baked spinach/chicken balls. :)
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili?

2 lb. lean ground turkey (you can switch out 1 lbs. of meat for a can of kidney beans if you like)
    1 med. yellow onion
    2 cloves chopped garlic
    3 sliced carrots ( I actually use a bag of baby carrots but it all depends on if you really like carrots that much)
    1 small bag/box of frozen corn
    1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
    1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
    2 tablespoons Chili Powder
    1 tsp. cumin
    1 tsp. Red Pepper flakes
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Chop the onion and use half of it to brown the turkey. Once you've browned it and drained it throw the other half of the onion and everything else (except the corn) in a big ole stew pot and stir it up. If you want to throw it all in a crockpot - even better - cook it covered on low for about 4 hours. You can throw the corn in for the last hour. On the stove you can cook it on medium and have it done in about an hour or you can simmer it for as long as you want. Top with sour cream and cheese if you like.
  • RatchelB
    Options

Paleo roasted pork tenderloins?

Tenderloin:
    2 pork tenderloins (about 2 1/2 pounds altogether)
    4 slices bacon (and bacon fat created from cooking the bacon)
    8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
    2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
    2 tablespoons fresh thyme
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
    1/2 teaspoon ground pepper ( divided)
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    4 cups fresh spinach

Lemon Parsley Oil:
    4 tablespoon olive oil
    2 teaspoon lemon zest
    3 tablespoon fresh parsley
    1/4 teaspoon sea salt
    Dash ground black pepper

Preparation at: http://shareyummyrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/10/paleo-roasted-stuffed-pork-tenderloin.html

Enjoy!