Building bitterness at a young age

Options
ren_ascent
ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
New policies in school, applied to Kindergarteners and up: Any play at shooting guns, even with your finger in the shape of a pistol, is an automatic suspension. Playtime is now officially over.

I'm just lamenting the obliteration of the gray area.

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Childhood sucks after 1999.
  • ren_ascent
    Options

That is the very honest truth.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'd definitely say that's going a bit far, particularly for a suspension.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options

That is the very honest truth.

agreed!!!! People are taking this crap to extremes. Kids will be kids.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    And yet, how many of those same kids at home shooting hordes of people and running over hookers.

gta1_zpsaa5677bb.jpg
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    bitter taste buds in kids are actually very strong they dont need to be built
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    What about mimicking swordplay or archery?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    That is an awfully Draconian policy.

The charlatans who develop such policies should be horsewhipped.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    What about mimicking swordplay or archery?

That will definitely be next.
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    And yet, how many of those same kids at home shooting hordes of people and running over hookers.

gta1_zpsaa5677bb.jpg

People who say violent video games don't affect child development are, dare I say it, morons. Flight simulators are used to condition pilots so they handle themselves appropriately in real life situations. They are not at a critial stage of mental development, it's just training. Apply that technique to an impressionable child.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

I love you.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I love you.
    QFT
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    In school, (and still to this day), pointing my fingers out like guns was/is my best dance move. I would have gotten kicked out of every prom.

It makes me sad that my daughters are going to grow up in a school environment that is so different than mine was.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You know what makes me sad. It's primarily little boys who play guns, swords, and those "robber" type games. Boys are already hurting in regards to the decline in entrance to Universities, and now we will put one more gender bias on them. That means you will have more children suspended from school, missing time on the already shortened school schedule, and doing nothing but sitting home playing video games and watching TV.

Makes me disgusted. No one really cares about education. Cheers to a stupid America...we deserve it. :drinker:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I love you.
    QFT

:blushing:
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Since nobody wants to take responsibility for their kids, and nobody wants to do anything about guns, and we don't want to put metal detectors in every school (especially those suburban, upper class, white schools.. where the shootings happen) then this is what happens.. Maybe parents should.. I don't know... lock up their guns, and not let their kids have access to them.. ya know.. responsibility...
  • ren_ascent
    Options
    You know what makes me sad. It's primarily little boys who play guns, swords, and those "robber" type games. Boys are already hurting in regards to the decline in entrance to Universities, and now we will put one more gender bias on them. That means you will have more children suspended from school, missing time on the already shortened school schedule, and doing nothing but sitting home playing video games and watching TV.

Makes me disgusted. No one really cares about education. Cheers to a stupid America...we deserve it. :drinker:

I hadn't even considered this type of role playing as not being gender neutral, but you are right. I was "my stick is a sword" girl myself.
  • ronit_rai
    ronit_rai Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What are you doing here? Did someone leave your
    cage open?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on the context for me...No interpretation and discernment seems so dumb.

Situation 1: Someone points fake gun and angrily says "You a punk, I'm gonna get my daddie's gun and klap you". I get it

Situation 2: "So Tommy, I was playing Ratchet and Clank yesterday, and i got the machine gun and i was totally like...(makes machine gun like gesture)...Oh man it was so fun, I can't wait to play it at our sleepover."

Hopefully reason would prevail in #2
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

YUP.