Strong Curves

Options
I am considering purchasing and starting Ben Contreras Strong Curves. Can anyone tell me if this is a complete program?

I've read the first couple of chapters in the Kindle sample, and he of course focuses on the importance of strong glutes in the intro. Does the program focus only on the glutes and posterior chain, or does it incorporate the entire body?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump...
    Can anyone tell me if Strong Curves is a complete program or a lower body only program?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The book includes a wide range of options. There are full body programs. Glutes only (which is actually a full body program to an extent because it is compound moves). A body weight program. It's excellent. I love it!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for awhile.....started with dumbbell work back in the summer of 2012 using the book "The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises" then started Stronglifts back in November 2012, ran that for about 7 months then decided to switch to Nia Shanks Beautiful Badass. I did that program until I decided to do a 10k training program in July, so my focus became running with a modified strength program.

It was because of BinaryPulsar that I bought Strong Curves 4 weeks ago. I had seen stuff about the book....I follow Bret Contreras on my FB page......I knew it had gotten good reviews but I never thought that I would love it as much as I do! I am so super impressed by his programming and yes, they are full body workouts plus he gives you a template to design your own.

There is a beginner program, however I started with the advanced one due to the amount of time I have been lifting for. I don't regret this purchase at all! The illustrations are great, the programming fantastic and the written chapters are full of helpful, logical information!
  • getfitozkis
    Options
    I have heard it is a good program, however Turbulence Training might be another program to consider if you are looking for a full workout program.

Visit our website if you'd like to find out a bit more about turbulence training: http://www.fitnessnumber1.com

Good luck with finding the right program for you! :)
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!
    That is the information I needed to make the purchase.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :smile: