What do you run to?

Options
I've got people at the opposite ends of the spectrum, but I thought it would be interesting to know what others run to. I need something loud and fast and angry, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvZSHTl0Vk

What do you guys run to?

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Podcasts. I need to take my mind off the pain and tiredness and I can't do that to music. I need to listen to someone talking.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Classic rock and metal
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The Cog is Dead and anything with a medium beat and tells a story.
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Florence and the machine, Eminem (Till I Collapse is awesome for running!), Beastie Boys, Kesha, Daft Punk, and Avicii
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    usually some sort of EDM pandora station
  • HAHAalex
    HAHAalex Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters, Tool, Linkin Park and Saliva are my favorites ...
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My own thoughts.

Scary shi...
  • nordeast_yah
    Options
    I have a specific playlist I go with every time.

Since C25K is pretty much 28 min out every time, and the app has a 5min warmup before the first run, I know pretty much right when I need to get amped, and I know that by the time I go from Kanye and Van Halen to No Doubt and Gaga, that I'm in the home stretch.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Running is interesting enough to me. I am constantly amused at watching people slowing down to mess with their ipod's or other MP3 devices rather than just focusing on the task at hand.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    Podcasts. I need to take my mind off the pain and tiredness and I can't do that to music. I need to listen to someone talking.

That’s funny; that’s why I listen to podcasts instead of music at work. Music makes me want to move, and sitting at my desk, rocking back and forth to a rocksteady beat, or bobbing my head to a punk tune looks rather ridiculous. Although, laughing to myself at podcasts is probably just as disconcerting!
  • vinniesooner
    vinniesooner Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I pick up a few steps when I hear this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQCxwneUwA
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    TOOL
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The wind in my ears.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Pandora. I station hop to some extent, but usually Kid Rock, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, Pink, Ozzy, AC/DC, Bruno, Buckcherry, or 80's cardio.
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    Anything that gives me an 8 to 9 minute mile!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    I pick up a few steps when I hear this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQCxwneUwA

Nice. Great tune.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The same music played right before Jason Vorhees decapitates someone or zips them up in a sleeping bag and plays human pinata.

Angry Violins and Cellos are good cardio.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFzns8Go9KI
  • annamaries13
    annamaries13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I almost never run to music anymore, even on a treadmill. On those rare cases, I run to workout mixes my sister made me.

The rest of the time, I try to practice this breathing-rhythm thing I read about that actually seems to help protect my knees and improve my stamina. You breathe in for 3 steps and out for 2 - the odd number count keeps you from favoring one side over the other. But counting basically to 5 when most music is on a 4 count is too hard for me to do!
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Mostly podcasts, audiobooks, or my current fave, podiobooks. Right now I am listening to Season 2 of the Leviathan Chronicles. I only allow myself to listen when I'm running. Some days I have to keep running so I can listen to more. ;)
  • dmoppy
    dmoppy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The better question may be what are you running from?

All kidding aside I usually run with fast paced classic rock and whatever music my kids have introduced me to which has a powerful beat. Heck I even have a song my 12 year old likes based on his Minecraft game. I am also experimenting with running without any music but the jury is still out on this approach.