Baked Potato...

Options
2»

Replies

• jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like skinnytaste's santa fe turkey potato skins.
    you can certainly use the mixture in a baked potato - i also throw mine in with eggs for a weekend breakfast, or with a salad for a lighter lunch!

Enjoy!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/loaded-turkey-santa-fe-baked-potato.html
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Gee, a link to google for something that might actually taste like monkey butt...thanks!

How do you know if you don't like monkey butt until you've tried it?
    How do you know I haven't? lol I just mean, I want to hear what MFP people have tried because we are pretty like minded. a search like that could return really tasty potatoes but might also be really sassy, or they could sound good and really lack a specific seasoning that might make it better. I'm looking for day to day ideas like the ones others have given.

She linked you to google and the first 3 listed links gives you 174 different baked potatoes options and you got hung up on the fact they were put on food network, buzzfeed, etc by people just like the people here on MFP...... Hmmmm..... Agreed..... Whatever.......... :flowerforyou:
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Gee, a link to google for something that might actually taste like monkey butt...thanks!

How do you know I haven't? lol I just mean, I want to hear what MFP people have tried because we are pretty like minded. a search like that could return really tasty potatoes but might also be really sassy, or they could sound good and really lack a specific seasoning that might make it better. I'm looking for day to day ideas like the ones others have given.

She linked you to google and the first 3 listed links gives you 174 different baked potatoes options and you got hung up on the fact they were put on food network, buzzfeed, etc by people just like the people here on MFP...... Hmmmm..... Agreed..... Whatever.......... :flowerforyou:
    my computer didn't do that, it actually brought me to what looked like a google page and it looks like a macro, it slowly typed out baked potato...I have never seen that happen before so truthfully I thought she was being a jerk and I was trying to make light of it. I will check it out on another computer to see if there are some good ideas in there.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options

my computer didn't do that, it actually brought me to what looked like a google page and it looks like a macro, it slowly typed out baked potato...I have never seen that happen before so truthfully I thought she was being a jerk and I was trying to make light of it. I will check it out on another computer to see if there are some good ideas in there.

It is called "Let me Google that for you". I think it is hilarious personally. I mean, what you get on google will be just as good as what you get here. What someone posts here could taste like Monkey butt to you for all we know.

You really shouldn't be so dismissive to people who are trying to help you.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I like imitation crab, with a green giant cheese & Broccoli mix poured over top.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    God old cheese and beans :)

Or bolognaise and cheese.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    salsa, black beans and a sprinkle of cheddar
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Usually with just a little butter and cheese.

But I also like it with salsa.
  • Iron_Siren
    Options
    Sliced in wedges, oven baked with old bay
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    hmm havent had a baked potato for a long time.. love them with butter tuna cheese sweetcorn cherry tomatoes cucumber and spring onions or just baked beans and cheese :tongue:

omgawd im starving now ha
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What is old bay?
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Salsa, tzatziki, and fresh chopped green onions.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Used to drown baked potatoes in butter and sour cream. Now I put on a generous scoop of cottage cheese.
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    QUOTE:

What is old bay?

Old bay is a dry seasoning that lots of people use to cook seafood with. I've tried it with all kinds of things, but not a baked potato. Sounds yummy though:)
  • Iron_Siren
    Options
    QUOTE:

What is old bay?

Old bay is a dry seasoning that lots of people use to cook seafood with. I've tried it with all kinds of things, but not a baked potato. Sounds yummy though:)

Yes, it's great on everything :)

Regionally they came out with an old bay potato chip (Utz I think), I started putting on potatoes ever since.
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options

This might sound gross, but tuna nicoise - some water packed tuna tossed in a vinagrette, steamed green beans, diced hard boiled eggs (you can add olives)

That seriously sounds super delicious! I'm going to try it!