Help me distribute my daily calorie intake

Options
Hello Everyone,
I need help breakdown my daily 1690 calorie intake into breakfast lunch dinner and snacks please suggest how many calories i should give to what slot and also please suggest me what to eat in that calorie budget. Thanks in advance

Replies

• fat2fit2fine
    Options
    Sorry for bumping it too quick but i really need help as i am starting tomorrow
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you. For me it's usually around 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch, 400 for dinner, and the rest in snacks when I feel like it.

But some people don't like breakfast, others need a heavy breakfast, some like to have a lot of calories for dinner...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can eat them all in one sitting right before bed, or spread out anyway you wish and it will not impact weight loss.

If you are unsure try taking notes of how much you eat, when you eat it, and workout performance and energy levels. Then when you find what gives you the best performance or energy levels, eat like that all the time.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I typically do 300-400 for Breakfast, 400-500 for lunch, 400-500 for dinner and what's left for 2 snacks. But I plan out what I'll eat the day before so I know I have room for stuff. If it's not on the log, I typically don't eat it. Unless I have a ton of calories left.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to space mine out throughout the day. I'm not an athlete and not looking for "optimal performance" when it comes to working out. I just find that spacing my calories out through the day helps me feel more satisfied, since I like to snack. I always try to leave some room in the evening after work, because I always want to snack on something when I'm home watching TV. It's a bad habit, but I've been able to incorporate it into my calories for the day, so it's not doing any harm.

Good luck with it!
  • CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 400 - 500 for breakfast, around 300 for lunch and 300 - 400 for dinner and then a snack and protein shake in between lunch and dinner. I have more energy on a bigger breakfast and don't feel as hungry throughout the day.
  • itssallyyyyy
    itssallyyyyy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually try and save my calories for dinner as I get the most hungry then (I workout at night)

I'm allowed 1,200 calories a day so my meals usually look like:
    Breakfast:350
    Snack:100
    Lunch:350
    Dinner:400

And if you have a workout in the day then you can add on more to each meal. :) Hope this helps a little
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have about 1400 cals to work with and my breakdown is something like this;

Breakfast: 400-500
    Lunch: 300-400
    Dinner: 500-600

Snacks (usually protein bar and/or shake): 200

Obviously on the days where I'm pushing the higher side of calories I tend to cut out one snack or re-adjust a meal slightly so I don't go over. Everyone is different though. I can go without snacking but my colleague needs to eat frequesntly small meals throughout the day or she isn't satisfied. Think about what you like to do currently, do you snack? Do you get hungry often? Are you only eating 3 meals a day? Once you have figured this out you can break it all down accordingly.

I know you said you start soon but maybe give yourself 4 or 5 days to settle into the pattern and work out what works and doesn't? My first week was really eye opening, seeing just how much was in one meal, you may think you aren't eating a lot now (or in fact not enough) but when you add it all up the story is really different. I know for me I didn't realise I was eating as much as I was!