Any Disney Goers??

Options
Im_NotPerfect
Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
My family is going in February 2014 and I'm looking for ticket information. I'm almost falling off my chair at the fact that for base tickets (no park hopper, etc) its going to be $1800 just for park tickets!! So I'm wondering if there are any good discount sites?

Also, if I purchase tickets now, can I use them in 2014? I thought I read no....but wanted to clarify.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just went through their website (I googled it) and there was a good offer at the time to get a package with hotel and flight.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    Well we already have our flight/car/condo booked. Just need the park tickets now....
  • GoRunNow74
    Options
    I go every year and sometimes more than once!

You can purchase tickets now and use them for 2014. Tickets don't become active until the first time you use them and then you have 14 days to use them.

There really are not any discounts on tickets. The only one I know if is http://www.undercovertourist.com/ and the discounts is very little. Disney doesn't discount their tickets. They do specials on rooms and dining but never tickets. The thing to remember is that the longer you stay the cheaper it cost. Once you hit 3 days worth of tickets the cost to go to 4 or even 7 days isn't much.
    A 3-day adult ticket is $262 but a 7 day is $309.

Good source of info is: touringplans.com, disboards.com, wdwinfo.com.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    We live here in Florida not too far from MouseWorld and there isnt much to be had. Occasionally they will offer a FL resident price but they carefully check IDs. Disney is just flat out expensive. If you are looking to cut down on cost, a 1 day ticket to Seaworld is pretty reasonable and a really nice day. A lot less stressful and a slower paced day than Disney.

We're taking a Disney Cruise next month. I'm pretty sure I will have to sell one of the kids to pay for it.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    We live here in Florida not too far from MouseWorld and there isnt much to be had. Occasionally they will offer a FL resident price but they carefully check IDs. Disney is just flat out expensive. If you are looking to cut down on cost, a 1 day ticket to Seaworld is pretty reasonable and a really nice day. A lot less stressful and fast paced than Disney.

We're taking a Disney Cruise next month. I'm pretty sure I will have to sell one of the kids to pay for it.

I hear you there...I'm about to start harvesting my organs for the black market...
  • GoRunNow74
    Options
    The trick with Disney is timing. The time of year you go helps save with the packages they offer and the deals they have. But if you are staying offsite then that usually doesn't matter. But going in February is good because it is lower crowds.

As far as Disney cruises go it is the same thing. A cruise in September could cost you much more in November. And prices move a lot. I have seen pricing on the same category change 2-3 times in a week. Sometimes you just have to keep checking and watch for sales.
  • samammay
    Options
    The trick with Disney is timing. The time of year you go helps save with the packages they offer and the deals they have. But if you are staying offsite then that usually doesn't matter. But going in February is good because it is lower crowds.

As far as Disney cruises go it is the same thing. A cruise in September could cost you much more in November. And prices move a lot. I have seen pricing on the same category change 2-3 times in a week. Sometimes you just have to keep checking and watch for sales.

Our last Disney cruise we got a Kids Sail Free deal. That was great. They dont come around much though.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    There is a nice Military discount :) I don't know if you are military or not, maybe a friend or relative is. We went in May and I got 4 day tickets for $150 each. You can go to a different park every day but only 1 per day. However the military person sponsoring you has to be there when you go the first time to activate your tickets.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to take the family in a couple of years. Can't afford it right now.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Options
    There is a nice Military discount :) I don't know if you are military or not, maybe a friend or relative is. We went in May and I got 4 day tickets for $150 each. You can go to a different park every day but only 1 per day. However the military person sponsoring you has to be there when you go the first time to activate your tickets.

Oh that would be fantastic! However, none of our military friends will be with us when we go....good idea though!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    $1800! I just fainted
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    We went this year to DisneyWorld. 4 of us. Between the 4 Day pass to Disney, 3 days at Universal, Rental Car, Hotel for 14 days, Flight from Portland, Oregon, etc., I spent over 10 Grand. I wouldn't do it again. I'm all Disney'd out. I'd rather spend two weeks at an All-Inclusive in Puerto Vallarta.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    My family is going in February 2014 and I'm looking for ticket information. I'm almost falling off my chair at the fact that for base tickets (no park hopper, etc) its going to be $1800 just for park tickets!! So I'm wondering if there are any good discount sites?

Also, if I purchase tickets now, can I use them in 2014? I thought I read no....but wanted to clarify.
    I am also a Florida Cracker so Disney is really only a morning drive away.
    You already booked a Condo so I guess staying at one of the resorts is out of the question.

1: Pack your own water and lunch. We always pack a bunch of water bottles and several PB&J Sammiches. Eating can get really expensive and quite frankly, the food at the parks pretty much sucks.

2: Take the shuttle: Most hotels and places around the Magic Kingdon offer free shuttles to and from the parks. Take advantage of these and you don't have to pay the parking fees.

3: Bring a light jacket. Believe it or not but, Orlando in Feb can be outright cold. It drops into the 40's at night sometimes and if you need to purchace a jacket at disney, it is expensive.

4: Be careful of buying crap. Make an agreement with the kid's that you will NOT purchase any souveniers until you are ready to leave.

Thats all I really have for now. Oh, as long as you are in Orlando, eat at Joe's Crab Shack.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    We went this year to DisneyWorld. 4 of us. Between the 4 Day pass to Disney, 3 days at Universal, Rental Car, Hotel for 14 days, Flight from Portland, Oregon, etc., I spent over 10 Grand. I wouldn't do it again. I'm all Disney'd out. I'd rather spend two weeks at an All-Inclusive in Puerto Vallarta.

For 10 grand I agree. I'd rather go to Europe for two weeks.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    www.getawaytoday.com Sometimes you can get a really good package deal, including discounted tickets. Good luck, and if you're shy of hoardes of people . . . well, may the force be with you.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options

1: Pack your own water and lunch. We always pack a bunch of water bottles and several PB&J Sammiches. Eating can get really expensive and quite frankly, the food at the parks pretty much sucks.

2: Take the shuttle: Most hotels and places around the Magic Kingdon offer free shuttles to and from the parks. Take advantage of these and you don't have to pay the parking fees.

3: Bring a light jacket. Believe it or not but, Orlando in Feb can be outright cold. It drops into the 40's at night sometimes and if you need to purchace a jacket at disney, it is expensive.

4: Be careful of buying crap. Make an agreement with the kid's that you will NOT purchase any souveniers until you are ready to leave.

Thats all I really have for now. Oh, as long as you are in Orlando, eat at Joe's Crab Shack.
    I second that. the food horrible. I brought Brita water bottles with a filter so we could just refill in the bathrooms. I ate some food there and was disappointed every time lol
  • Korta33
    Options
    Hi there,
    Make sure you're not paying for anything extra that you don't need on the tickets. A lot of people don't need the "park hopper" option, since most stay in one park each day...once you're done one park, you're usually done for the day! Also, you probably won't need the option that extends the use of the tickets forever... I forget what that one's called. The water parks and more pass can be a good choice, but only if you're planning to go to a couple of the water parks while you're there...if you're not a water park person, or you doubt you'll go two or more times, get that taken off too. That should cut the prices down a lot, I hope!
    Have a great time!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    $1800! I just fainted
    ^^^ This. That is insane .. could be the "Most expensive place on earth".
  • RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    They usually have decent packages through Disney Travel. AAA offers some discounts, too. I live in San Diego and have a Disneyland Annual Pass. As long as I go at least 3 times each year, it pays off (getting 10% off of food & merchandise helps, too).
  • samammay
    Options
    Pro-tip: if you buy something, ask them to hold it for you at the front of the park. There is a package pickup by the front gate and you wont have to lug it around with you all day.

Expert-pro-tip: This does not work well with ice cream.