Low Cal Starbucks Drink....

Options
13»

Replies

• carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Tall nonfat chai = 160 cals. But I usually make my own chai, which has even fewer calories.
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My go to drink is the Skinny Vanilla Latte - Only 160 cals in a Venti. But Skinny Cinnamon Dolce is a good choice too. The "Pumpkin Pie" Latte (you might have to explain it to the barista) is another favourite. It is 1/2 pumpkin spice and 1/2 SF Cinnamon Dolce. So you are only getting 1/2 the pumpking spice calories.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I personally let my Starbucks visits be considered a treat for me, I get what I'm in the mood for but always shoot for a skinny option first as really I just don't want to reverse my hard work. There was a lot of advice here for the skinny caramel macchiato which rocks! You can ask the baristas what skinny options they have now or what they're expecting for he next season most if them won't mind telling you just avoid a super busy time. On occasion I spoil myself with a nonfat white chocolate mocha with half pump of raspberry, it's a classic cup of happiness and worth every bit of calories and sugar. If you're only going once every few weeks perhaps adding an extra walk on Starbucks day would help you balance it out.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I go for the smallest size.

I ask for it skinny ( don't like the cloying taste of full milk anyway)

Other than that, I go for whatever flavour I fancy that day. Though it's a 1-2 times a month thing, so as others have said, it doesn't really matter.

I hate whipped cream, so I always skip that.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    A tall macchiato is only 180 calories with the regular 2% milk.
    In my opinion, this drink is perfect.
    It starts off subtle for about halfway through, then when you reach the bottom it's soooooo sweet and even more delicious, I love it! The iced version is also pretty good if ordered upside down, but personally nothing beats the original.
    Also, I have found the caramel to be much sweeter than the hazelnut version, despite being the same amount of calories. Go figure.
    It provides a good amount of calcium, protein, as well as a balance of carbs and fat (I don't really like when one outweighs the other too much).
    I have found this drink to be less bitter, especially if you let it sit for about ten minutes to cool down and let everything kind of mix together a little.
    I have found that ordering nonfat lattes kills the taste, while barely even saving that many calories.
    My rule of thumb is if you order a latte made without whipped cream, you should be fine. As for Frappuccinos, the skinny versions are wonderful. For some reason I can handle nonfat milk when blended, just not in hot beverages.
    But find what works for you, experiment some! Discover something delicious and healthy :)
    Another helpful tool if you don't usually have wifi is download the Starbucks app (free), which shows the beverage options and the nutrition, even if you customize it (although it only counts whip cream vs no whip, and different milks, not syrups). You can also save your favorite drinks, and even sign up for their wonderful rewards program, just make sure you pick up a card to activate! It works kind of like a debit card, I love it :)
  • SanDoThis
    Options
    Thanks everyone.... I don't plan on making this a daily habit like it was in the past, just when I have one of those I need a pick me upper sort of day, meaning sick kids and no sleep and I'm going in to work! I guess I just need to add a Skinny in front of whatever I order! Thanks again!
  • KendraMartin85
    Options
    I stopped getting whip when they told us not to poor the left over whip in the canister in the sink b/c it clogged the drain....NOT GOOD! LOL
  • Casara333
    Casara333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I get a skinny Carmel macchiato it's only like 130 calories, but since summer time is coming if I was you I would grab a 24 oz very berry hibiscus only 100 calories!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have a small skinny vanilla latte for just over 100 cals.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    green tea unsweetened
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Skinny peppermint mocha. Yum yum!
  • Sherlyn46
    Options
    I get the Skinny Vanilla Latte - Venti. It is 160 cal and 25 carbs. I am diabetic and watch my carbs.
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.

^Exactly this^
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Coffee. It's low calorie. I drink 3-8 calories of coffee a day.
  • marialana1
    marialana1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tall soy cappuccino is 80 calories